“Neat room layout” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Neat room layout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our room had an unusal L shape layout with a bedroom, living room and separate bath. The room was quiet, which is unusual in Toronto. Great service. Great value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank M H
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear MH198,

Thank you for the review - I am pleased you enjoyed the layout of your room and experienced our great service. Don't hesitate to let me know what room you were in so we can ensure you recieve to same floorplan on your next stay.

tweet @CambridgeTor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

As I have written before, I find The Cambridge Suites a great little spot. Great location - kitty-corner from the Bay, a few paces East of Yonge. But that's the easy part. The hotel itself is very! clean, nice, helpful staff, obviously well-guided and trained to provide good, fast service. I sent many business associates there last week (so I marked this trip as a "business" trip below this time), but my family and I stay there when we want a little weekend away, if only 30 miles from where we live in Toronto's suburbs. For sure, my first choice in downtown Toronto. (I actually stayed at another prominent hotel last weekend with my husband, and we both said we wished we stayted with our tried and true - The Cambridge Suites. Won't make the mistake again!

Room Tip: Believe all rooms are suites (thus the name!), and each seem quite similar to me. Don't think y...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear EA-Extraordinaire,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for submitting another review. Your comments mean a greta deal - especially from such an extraordinary EA! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

...because the rooms are SWEET! Perfect location central to everything downtown. Lots of room and yes as other reviews indicate a little dated but how much time are you spending in your room anyway? My only complaint is the position of the bathroom and change area closet doors. You tend to bump into them when moving around these rooms. Toilet/shower room door could have a bi-fold door to save space because it is located within the change/dressing room that could be secured for privacy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear DougB389,

Thank you for the thoughtful and helpful comments. I am glad you thought our property was sweet and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Checkin was quick adn in order

Lobby small and not pretentious

Elevator (3) clean and efficient

Room (double bed) on 19th floor was the highth of efficient use of space
Bedroom had separate door to and from living room and bathroom
Bathroom had door between sink ara and shower/toilet
Living room had pull out sofr and table sitting area with an area dedicated to coffee (kurig) sink , microwave and fridge
2 TVs

Very clean and bright

Breakfast was good , hot cereal , scrambled eggs, juices, cold cereals pastries, fruit and teas and coffee

All in all a 8 out of 10

Would stay again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear MSQ012,

Thank you for the hepful review. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and would love the opportunity to improve your rating to a perfect 10! If you have any suggestions on how we can improve upon your last great stay, please do not hesitate to let me know.

tostrem@cambrigesuiteshotel.com
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

There is nothing that I don't like about this hotel. You have a choice of self parking, along with there being a public parking garage not even a block away. The rooms are clean, comfortable and very moden. The staff were all very friendly and took care of us quickly.

My boyfriend and I stayed at Cambridge Suites last year for my birthday and we loved it; however we love it even more after our most recent stay. Since it was my birthday we ended up getting a free upgrade to a bigger suite, along with a card, a bottle of white wine and a pack of chocolate covered almonds.

Thank you so much Cambridge Suites for making my birthday special =)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear CamillaT160,

I was very pleased to read that we helped make your birthday a perfect night. Thank you for the kind review - if I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Halifax, NS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

The location is excellent, and if I chose to stay here again, that will be a major factor.

The biggest negative was the bathroom. It is very dated and the shower has mould in the door area and the grout is stained. Flooring in bathroom has cracked tiles. Not appealing at all and would be the main reason for not staying here again.
Also, the bathroom lighting is annoying as both the toilet area and sink areas lighting turn on at the same time and if some one goes to the toilet in the middle of the night, the door opens directly into the bedroom and the lighting is disturbingly bright. Also, the sink area stone counter has water stains that give the area an unclean appearance. At least I am assuming they were permanent stains.

Beds are very comfortable.

We travel a lot, and not having courtesy bottles of water looks cheap and is inconvenient. I will not pay $5 for a bottle of water. Giving bottles of water daily is so cheap to do and is appreciated by the customer, why not do it--it is the small things like this that distinguish an ok hotel from a very good hotel. Another nice touch we found in New Zealand, was fresh milk provided for coffee. Here you get the long life type and it is just not as good. With a fridge in the room already, this would be a nice touch.

The main room was quite nice. A bit dull in decor but certainly fine. But that said, the room was not adequately lit. We found it quite dark.

Service was adequate, but at better hotels, the service is friendlier. The front desk staff were fine, aside from some misinformation we received about the "PATH", but they did not go out of their way for the quests. I have stayed in one hotel, that within a few minutes, the staff were greeting us by our names and even knew our room number. We were here for four nights and I doubt staff recognized us at all and certainly never asked us if our room was satisfactory. They just don't make an effort to notice, greet and welcome customers. That said, when we were looking for some milk for coffee, the bar was very nice about giving us some to take to our room.

The amenities are fine in the bathroom, but I would like to see the soap placed in the bathroom.
Coffee was not great and of course, I mentioned the lack of fresh milk. Also, only one green tea and one regular tea was provided. What if both guests like the same kind of tea? We had to ask for some regular tea so that the two of us could each have a cup.

Overall, it was ok, but nothing special. I expected better based upon reviews I have read.

Room Tip: The is a good breakfast place on the corner of Richmond and Young, called Sunny something. Try it.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joannetravel
Dear jotravels13,

Thank you for submitting such a thorough and helpful review. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations and appreciated your feedback. We are in the process of completing our design bathrooms - the last phase of our full property renovation. Pending design approval, bathroom renovations should begin later this year. As part of our staygreen initiative, we are also in the process of installing filtration systems in each of our suites to further improve our already great drinking water; with the hopes of reducing the overall use of disposable plastic bottles.
We have a tremendous reputation for delivering unsurpassed value and friendly service and I sincerely hope we have the chance to exceed your expectations in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you are traveling to Toronto in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Loved e room, excellent size, comfy but hard bed, nice view, VERY quiet, excellent wifi. Cannot go wrong, except... Go down one block towards Yonge and get breakfast at the Sunshine Grill, because the hotel breakfast sucks for 15$, and you can only eat eggs if you are "no carbs" as it is a VEGETARIAN breakfast - as the staff told us with a giggle. We didn't laugh.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear RobertSal,

Thank you for the thoughtful and helpful review. I am glad you felt it was an excellent stay, but was disappointed to read that our breakfast let you down. We strive to provide the best value continental breakfast among our competitors - pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, waffles, eggs and more for $13.50. That said, I certainly recognize breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we are planning further enhancements. New buffet units are being built as we speak and are due to arrive in March - when they do, we will also be introducing further enhancements to the buffet offerings. I truly hope you enjoy the changes.

Sincerely, Tim - Cambridge Suites Toronto