Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on December 30th. Check in was a breeze, check in staff Dylan processed me very efficiently and I didn't have any issues at all. The property is a bit dated, and the television was the old CRT variety. Not LCD/LED/Plasma variety. When I got to my room, everything was in order, this property is not a recently renovated Holiday Inn Express property, however the price which I booked at, and the location of this hotel was excellent. This hotel is located two blocks away from St. Lawrence market which opens very early in the morning on weekends, where one can purchase just about anything. Fresh fruit, meats, vegetables, cheese, breads etc. Also a few blocks north west is the large mall in Toronto, Eaton Centre. This mall spends a few stories, includes many notable stores such as Abercrombie and Fitch, Apple Store, Hollister, Lacoste, and many more. Many other electronics stores such as Best Buy and Future Shop is right near by too!
This hotel includes complimentary wi-fi Internet, complimentary breakfast which had a number of different muffins, eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, pancakes, juice, milk, apples/oranges/bananas, and a variety of teas and coffees. Please do note that parking costs $20.
In the morning a copy of the Globe and Mail newspaper was delivered outside of my room door. The furniture of my room and the lobby is a bit dated, however for the price I paid, and the location of the hotel, I didn't have too many issues with the dated furniture.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart in Our Hotel in Toronto, Ontario You'll enjoy an ideal location at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel - Downtown Toronto. Our hotel's location is near Pearson International Airport (YYZ), Toronto Island Airport (YTZ), Toronto Union Train Station and the underground shopping/walking paths, which makes it easy to navigate Toronto.Lodging here puts you in close proximity to famous attractions like the Hockey Hall of Fame and Distillery Historic District. Toronto is also home to Eastern Canada's largest shopping mall, Eaton Centre, which is within walking distance of the hotel.Toronto, Ontario's government buildings, the QueenÂ¿s Park and Provincial Parliament are nearby, as well as First Canadian Place, BCE Place, Sears, Ryerson University, Saint Michael's Hospital and other businesses in downtown Toronto. Our hotel's amenities include a 24-hour Business Service to help you complete your work.Unlike other hotels in Toronto, our hotel offers multiple complimentary services: a hot breakfast bar, high-speed Internet access in every room, a daily newspaper and local calls. Each room is outfitted with a triple-sheeted bed, a cable TV, a work area with two phones and a bathroom with specially designed amenities. Our downtown Toronto hotel's staff looks forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Ontario