“Good Location”

Ranked #71 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Kissimmee, Florida
“Good Location”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Not a fan of chain hotels but we were here on business. The hotel is in a good location next to St Lawrence Market. Toronto is a very walkable city with a very clean safe subway and streetcar system. I am directionally challenged & was able to navigate through the city. I was very impressed with the friendliness of all people we encountered throughout the city. The hotel has approximately 16 floors. Our room was on the 16th floor with a partial view of St James Cathedral & the city. The room was clean with a king bed, separate small sofa-bed & desk area. The mattress was on the firmer side but our room was very quiet at night. There is no refrigerator and the ice machines are located only on a few floors. Breakfast is served in the morning which includes juices,milk,cereals,breads,fruits,eggs,bacon etc. Pretty nice for continental breakfast standards. Unfortunately coffee is only served at this time but there is an in-room coffee maker & a Starbucks on every corner. Parking is free & is located next to the hotel in a parking garage. For business I would probably stay here again but for pleasure probably not.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. Our location is truly a gem as we are within walking distance to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to our city’s public transportation system to get you any where without the stress of driving.

Tariq Azad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh Pa
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My last day of a long weekend in Toronto.I couldn't book another night at the hotel I was in.Oprah was coming to town. I was forced to make a last minute choice.I have had fairly good luck with Holiday Inn Expresses. I said okay when given that choice.The hotel was dismal. My room was cramp there wasn't even a closet but a wardrobe with a massive tv.There were hairs on bathroom floor. I always clean my hotel rooms upon entering. This is the first I actually felt better after having done so. I cannot help it I am a padantic spaz about clean rooms Oh gad the room was so noisy I could hear all the street sounds.There was a couple bangs in the hallway.I know that part of my prejudice comes from just having left a place I loved.This place was noisy the neighborhood seemed seedier. Although overall Toronto seemed safe for a huge city.I wasn't digging the vibe. A few dollars more for the better hotel. I am still really bemoaning that I had to leave the other Hotel.

Room Tip: For a few bills more stay in a nice place.UGH!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Express Toronto downtown. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay. We are sorry to hear that you had noise issues during your stay. As we are located just off the Jarvis (Very busy Street), light sleepers can be effective by the street noise on busy nights. In future, please let us know and we will arrange to have you facing courtyard, away from the Jarvis Street. As well, I will pass your comments along to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that errors such as the hair in your bath room are not repeated. We set very high standards for our housekeeping and are consistently performing quality checks in our rooms and through guest feedback. We would like to assure all guests that cleanliness is a priority at our hotel and that is reflected in many of the reviews of our hotel on this site.
We appreciate your comments and hope you will consider staying with us again.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We rented two rooms at this hotel in November 2011. The purpose of our trip was to visit the St. Lawrence Market on Saturday morning, we stayed on a Friday night. The price was very reasonable; parking was an additional $20 and that is fair for the area. We walked during the day over to The Distillery District and browsed around and walked back closer to our hotel for dinner in a nearby restaurant. On Saturday morning I was up early and walked the two blocks to St. Lawrence Market and enjoyed shopping and stopping for coffee at the market. I actually walked back to the hotel and dropped off my first load of purchases and headed back to the market to continue shopping. This Holiday Inn Express is located across from a park, a great location for the short walk to the market - a great overnite little getaway!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
The management of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown appreciates you taking the time to leave such complimentary review of our hotel. We are always thrilled to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and this is no exception. Our location is such that you are within a short distance to the many great venues that Toronto has to offer and close enough to the subway system to get you to the other spots. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
Ottawa Ontario
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Clean, great breakfast, downtown location and helpful staff. Recently had a family member go into St. Micheals Hospital. This hotel was very close and a reasonable rate for downtown Toronto. I left my car in Ottawa and took the train for the first time in years so I wanted a hotel close to everything. This choice turned out to be perfect, walkable from Union Train Station, close to St. Mike's and lots of choices for dining out.

Staff were very helpful, stored my luggae in a secure area after check out, unitil my train departed later that evening.

Highly recommended for anyone coming into Toronto and don't want to spent a fortune.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, that our location was well suited to your needs and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary hot & cold breakfast buffet. Our complimentary breakfast buffet is a nice bonus and constantly evolving to better appease our guests’ breakfast request, with new items being added from time to time.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My family stayed here 3/26-27 when visiting Toronto. The hotel is well-located for sightseeing and for walking to restaurants (we chose Mill Street Brewery and Les Trois Brasseurs). My children (13, 11 and 9) ate heartily at breakfast. We had a high room, overlooking a park.
The staff were very friendly throughout our short stay. When we were leaving, I realized that an internal light had been left on in our vehicle for 2 days. The battery was completely flat. The Hotel Manager provided jumper cables, and used his own car to help me start mine. He then refused any payment, telling me "It is just part of our service, sir". Nice people, and a credit to the city of Toronto.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and the amazing things that you have said about our staff members. It always a thrill to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that you, are guests, are treated right. Rest assured that I have passed along your comments to the staff you have mentioned.

Amazing customer service is what all of our staff strive to give to each and everyone of our guests and we hear so many great comments about the things that they have done, but we never get tired of hearing more.

Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel was exactly what we needed for a one night stay near the Hockey Hall of Fame. Price was reasonable, parking was attached - $20 extra which we thought was reasonable as well. Room was clean. Breakfast was plentiful. Staff was helpful and nice. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SydneyMeg
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and tells us about your stay. I am pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your time in Toronto and that our staffs were able to accommodate your needs. The complimentary breakfast buffet is truly a great added bonus and with the many choices is continuously changing to provide more selections to meet the needs of all of our guests.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about us and I would like to personally welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown for any of your future visits to our fair city.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A great location -- lots of shopping to be done at the huge Loblaw's next door at the historical Maple Leaf Gardens. The hotel is very clean, yet the rooms are small, but there is a little fridge. All day Dim Sum place across the street. I liked it for the price. Very affordable and there is a pool.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canadianelle
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you for posting on Tripadvisor, and leaving such great comments about the Holiday Inn. Unfortunately this is the page for Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, the hotel being referred to in this post is for the Holiday Inn Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience.