Not a fan of chain hotels but we were here on business. The hotel is in a good location next to St Lawrence Market. Toronto is a very walkable city with a very clean safe subway and streetcar system. I am directionally challenged & was able to navigate through the city. I was very impressed with the friendliness of all people we encountered throughout the city. The hotel has approximately 16 floors. Our room was on the 16th floor with a partial view of St James Cathedral & the city. The room was clean with a king bed, separate small sofa-bed & desk area. The mattress was on the firmer side but our room was very quiet at night. There is no refrigerator and the ice machines are located only on a few floors. Breakfast is served in the morning which includes juices,milk,cereals,breads,fruits,eggs,bacon etc. Pretty nice for continental breakfast standards. Unfortunately coffee is only served at this time but there is an in-room coffee maker & a Starbucks on every corner. Parking is free & is located next to the hotel in a parking garage. For business I would probably stay here again but for pleasure probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart in Our Hotel in Toronto, Ontario You'll enjoy an ideal location at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel - Downtown Toronto. Our hotel's location is near Pearson International Airport (YYZ), Toronto Island Airport (YTZ), Toronto Union Train Station and the underground shopping/walking paths, which makes it easy to navigate Toronto.Lodging here puts you in close proximity to famous attractions like the Hockey Hall of Fame and Distillery Historic District. Toronto is also home to Eastern Canada's largest shopping mall, Eaton Centre, which is within walking distance of the hotel.Toronto, Ontario's government buildings, the QueenÂ¿s Park and Provincial Parliament are nearby, as well as First Canadian Place, BCE Place, Sears, Ryerson University, Saint Michael's Hospital and other businesses in downtown Toronto. Our hotel's amenities include a 24-hour Business Service to help you complete your work.Unlike other hotels in Toronto, our hotel offers multiple complimentary services: a hot breakfast bar, high-speed Internet access in every room, a daily newspaper and local calls. Each room is outfitted with a triple-sheeted bed, a cable TV, a work area with two phones and a bathroom with specially designed amenities. Our downtown Toronto hotel's staff looks forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Ontario