“Excellent Hotel & Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #71 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
“Excellent Hotel & Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Ron, the front desk clerk was absolutely fantastic. Knew everything about the area and was able to point out the best places to eat, with perfect directions on how to get there.

2 Thank Dieter S
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and the amazing things that you have said about our staff members. It always a thrill to hear that our staff have gone above and beyond to ensure that you, are guests, are treated right. Rest assured that I have passed along your comments to the staff you have mentioned.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Toronto.
Tariq Azad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

This is a decent hotel with laundrette and parking. I stayed here last weekend and it was good value and clean. The hotel is looking a little dated but being a short 10 mi ute walk to the downtown area makes it fine.

Would probably recommend being 2-3 blocks further in if I was staying any longer than the weekend.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful employee, great breakfast buffet, very convenient location. Would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank daking2929
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for the great comments that you have written about the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown and in particular our complimentary breakfast buffet.

We take great pride in the ability to be able to offer this complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet. The items that have been added have truly made this a ‘full’ breakfast.

I will be sure to post your comments so that our staff are able to see them as well. Customer service is important to us and we are thrilled when someone takes the time out of their busy day to write it down.

We understand that there are many choices in Toronto when looking for accommodations and I want to personally thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown.

We look forward to being able to host your next visit to Toronto.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

My flight was cancelled so I called the hotel and even though it was after cancellation the front desk clerk was so nice and changed my reservation with no hassle. I arrived at 10am the next day and they Checked me in early with no fee. All the desk staff I encountered are super friendly!! I noted some other reviewers remarking about safety however being a single female I thought the neighborhood was very safe. Rooms are clean and comfortable! I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank jzombro
Dear Valued Guest,
We understand that times are busy and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write fantastic review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. I will pass along your comments to our front desk staff ,as well as our housekeeping staff, they work very hard at what they do and it is always a pleasure to hear that they have met or exceeded our guest’s expectations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel and we look forward to being able to host your next visit to Toronto.
Have a great day,
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I travel to Toronto for business very often, at least once a month. I often stay at the Delta Chelsea and this is my first time staying here instead. So a lot of my review will compare this hotel to the Delta Chelsea which is a very popular downtown Toronto hotel for both business and pleasure.

First, the price at the Holiday Inn Express is much more reasonable - almost $ 30/night cheaper plus the parking is slightly cheaper. Second, you get a free breakfast at this hotel - at the Delta Chelsea, you can barely get a breakfast for less than $ 15.

The breakfast here at the Holiday Inn Express is quite nice really - it goes beyond most hotel continental breakfasts. There is a wide selection, the breakfast room is spacious and clean.

As far as location goes, I don't think that the walk from here to the Eaton Centre, for example, is much longer than it would be from the Delta. If you walk south or west of the Holiday Inn, you'll have all kinds of selections of restaurants along Yonge, Front St., King St., etc. You wouldn't really want to walk north of the hotel - this is a little bit rougher part of town.

(Now for those of you not familiar with Toronto, "rough" does not mean "dangerous".....you might be asked for money from a homeless person, but you're not going to be mugged or hurt!).

The room is a little small, not cramped though. There isn't a decent closet, more of an armoire but the bathroom is nice, the hotel is clean.

There is no fitness facility at the hotel and that is a downfall compared to the Delta or some other downtown hotels. So I'm making up for that by walking everywhere.

Overall, this is a pretty good hotel especially when you consider the cost compared to other downtown hotels.

3 Thank mortyatport
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you travel to Toronto again soon. I will look forward to your next stay with us.
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Not a fan of chain hotels but we were here on business. The hotel is in a good location next to St Lawrence Market. Toronto is a very walkable city with a very clean safe subway and streetcar system. I am directionally challenged & was able to navigate through the city. I was very impressed with the friendliness of all people we encountered throughout the city. The hotel has approximately 16 floors. Our room was on the 16th floor with a partial view of St James Cathedral & the city. The room was clean with a king bed, separate small sofa-bed & desk area. The mattress was on the firmer side but our room was very quiet at night. There is no refrigerator and the ice machines are located only on a few floors. Breakfast is served in the morning which includes juices,milk,cereals,breads,fruits,eggs,bacon etc. Pretty nice for continental breakfast standards. Unfortunately coffee is only served at this time but there is an in-room coffee maker & a Starbucks on every corner. Parking is free & is located next to the hotel in a parking garage. For business I would probably stay here again but for pleasure probably not.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. Our location is truly a gem as we are within walking distance to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to our city’s public transportation system to get you any where without the stress of driving.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
Pittsburgh Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My last day of a long weekend in Toronto.I couldn't book another night at the hotel I was in.Oprah was coming to town. I was forced to make a last minute choice.I have had fairly good luck with Holiday Inn Expresses. I said okay when given that choice.The hotel was dismal. My room was cramp there wasn't even a closet but a wardrobe with a massive tv.There were hairs on bathroom floor. I always clean my hotel rooms upon entering. This is the first I actually felt better after having done so. I cannot help it I am a padantic spaz about clean rooms Oh gad the room was so noisy I could hear all the street sounds.There was a couple bangs in the hallway.I know that part of my prejudice comes from just having left a place I loved.This place was noisy the neighborhood seemed seedier. Although overall Toronto seemed safe for a huge city.I wasn't digging the vibe. A few dollars more for the better hotel. I am still really bemoaning that I had to leave the other Hotel.

Room Tip: For a few bills more stay in a nice place.UGH!