Hilton Toronto
US$280
US$242
Delta Hotels
3,331 results
All reviewsthe executive loungescenic elevatorcn towerthe indoor outdoor poolcity hallwalking distancejunior suiteeaton centregreat view of the cityhigh floorcentral locationinternet accessroom was spaciousthe financial districtself parkingbusiness tripqueen street
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I love the hotel. The staff is great, the room are modern and spacious, views are amazing and no question about the location.

I am a gold member and got a free upgrade to executive lounge which I always appreciate. However during the 5-7 happy hours , after grabbing a drink I was ask to fill a slip and pay for my drink. This never happened to me in any other Hilton around the world or any other executive club around the world.

I asked to talk with manager and was told that in Canada these are the rules. it is ok but because Canada is an exception I expected the hotel to put a sign or inform the guests.

I noticed few other guests were surprised after they already had several drinks.. Hilton Canada you guys need to fix it!

I still recommend the hotel but if you are an international traveler please be aware of the club...

Room Tip: high floor. good views!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your accommodations and the services that our team members provide!

With regards to the Executive Lounge, the current upgrade premium provides a wide variety of additional features for our Executive Level guests. These include great bennefits such as a deluxe continental breakfast served daily in our lovely 32nd floor lounge, upgraded in-room ammenities such as bathrobes, complimentary bottled water, turn down service as well as daily snacks in the lounge and appetizers and canapes during cocktail hours. Although there are some variations in Executive Lounge offerrings globally, North American Hilton hotels offer an "Honor Bar" system throughout the network, typcially at a discounted price from the public outlets in the hotel. I do apologize if this service was not made clear during your arrival process or via the current signage in the Executive Lounge. Our team has been dispatched to review this process to assist with the communication of this policy. Executive Lounge features may vary by hotel and location and are typically identified on the hotel's website should you wish to verify the inclusions in the upgrade prior to arrival at any of our hotels around the world.

We appreicate your loyalty and congratulate you on achiveing your Gold level status! We hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Hilton? More like Motel-6!! Hotel needs BIG work! House-Keeping (1st line of defense) does NOT seem to care about what they are doing. Management lags behind also – Reactive versus Proactive.
Arrived at my 1st room an found the shower plug stuck in the down position. YUK – who wants to stand in dirty shower water? Why would house-keeping NOT notice this and report it to maintenance?
Moved to another room and took shower. This time, the shower curtain was dragging so low it sagged onto the bottom of the tub. Gross! Is this a MOTEL-6??
Insisted on 3rd room and moved to 3rd room in 1 night. Woke up to balmy, stale, hot room – although thermostat was at 65 degrees.
Child night manager (barely old enough to shave – but is a manager??) stated that AC is disabled in winter. Huh? Forced to have heat in the winter in your room. What if I want to cool the room? Outrageous!!
Moved to 4th room that had a 1-foot by 1-foot mini sliding vent window that I could open, to ventilate and cool the room. That was manager's best solution he could offer! Blah!
This hotel is a stinker! And staff just goes thru the motions w/o caring about the customer.
WHY does Hilton think it’s a good idea to NOT have liners in the skinny vagina shaped trash cans? How gross is that? Imagine what people put in the liner-less trash cans in a bathroom!!! Disgusting. All because Hilton cares more about saving small dollars on trash can liners – than they care about their customers/guests. I am giving my Hilton points to the bum on the street, and switching to Marriott.
Stains on the floor and doors; Holes in the wall; dirty hallways – a foul Toronto hotel that you should avoid. Try the Cambridge Suites down the street.
What a shame that this hotel spent all that money to enhance the lobby, but NOT the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank JimB_Traveler

Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am most disappointed to learn that your time with us was well below the expectation that you have come to expect from Hilton hotels. Certainly, this is not typical of the high level of service and accommodations for which our hotel is well known and we wish to extend our most sincere apologies for your discomfort and inconvenience. As it would seem that our on-duty management was unable to resolve these circumstances to your satisfaction, I would invite you to contact my office directly so that we may review your concerns in more detail and ensure that this situation is rectified.

We look forward to hearing from you...

Regards,

Gereral Manager

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one evening in a double room. The bed is incredibly comfortable, there are many stations to entertain you on television. The location of the hotel is perfect as many attractions, restaurants and so on are a short walking distance. The bathrooms are very clean and the hotel staff are incredibly friendly! I would stay there again in a heart beat! Prices per night are not overly expensive and fair for the comfort and luxury of this Hilton!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the beautiful CN Tower.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank GREENQUEEN08
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very pleased to know that your time with us met your expectations and that our team members made an impact on your stay! We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Booked here for one night based on convenience for the Canadian Opera Company. A competitor was virtually as close (Sheraton) but rates here were slightly better. In general, very good.

The common areas were all very clean, as was the room. I was given an option on line, and purchased, for an upgrade at a reduced price if available on check-in. My recollection was that this would be offered, verbally, on check-in prior to actually happening. It didn’t: we were given an Executive Room and charged the (reduced) upgrade cost. Overall, this was ok and I didn’t comment once I saw the bill, but is probably only worth the additional $40 based upon the general cost of things in downtown Toronto. For this, we were given free Wi-fi (un-used), access to the Executive Lounge and, of course, our room upgrade.

The Lounge served free non-alcoholic beverages, hors d’ouvres and alcohol (priced cheaper than the bar, but self-serve). It was only open until 10 p.m. so was useless to us after the Opera. The hors d’ouvres were nothing special being spring rolls and gnocchi pomodoro. Its Continental Breakfast purported to be an upgraded version of the standard included fare. While ok, it wasn’t worth $20 each. Having said all of this, the combination of larger room, free non-alcoholic beverages and, at least a ‘snack’ I would likely take the option again for such another special occasion. You can choose considering what you get.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Toronto is a very busy city, virtually 24/7. The hotel is reasonably sound-proofed in so far as while we could hear sirens regularly while awake, they were muffled enough that they did not keep us awake. Furthermore the three rooms down our hall occupied by a birthday party for an 11 year old girl, did not keep us up either. We were on the 22nd floor which may have been a factor for the sirens, but clearly not for the 11 year old pterodactyls...

We ate in the hotel’s restaurant: Tundra. Quite nice and reviewed separately.

Room Tip: We had 2211, which seemed high enough to avoid most of the night noises of a big city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tango9R

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are very excited to continue our partnership with both the Canadian Opera Company and the National Ballet of Canada who consider the Performing Arts Centre their home!

We will certainly review your comments regarding the upgrade experience at check-in with our team. The online tools that we currently use are a great way to access information and we do understand the importance of clarifying this upon arrival at the hotel to confirm the details. This is a great training tip that we will use with our team immediately!

We greatly appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again when your travel plans include Toronto!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Amazing downtown hotel. It is very clean and has a very nice modern look to it. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are pretty big and clean! Loved the location, it is right in the middle of toronto and you have access to the clubs, bars, restaurants. all in a walking distance!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple