“Impressive Hilton” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Impressive Hilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I was really impressed with this, it is worth upgrading to a club room for the benefits. The lounge was a haven, and as I was there alone on business, the lounge helped me get out of the room and feel like there were other people around!! The staff in the lounge were incredibly attentive, and the food and drinks were good, although I think they should include beer and done in the service and if they must charge, the spits should be at a premium. That is my only gripe.

Room Tip: Club rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your business and hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service in the future! Your comments regarding the Executive Lounge service offerings have been shared with our Food & Beverage Management team for consideration as we regularly review our customer feedback while ensuring we are consistent with Hilton brand standards.

Thanks again for your patronage and comments! We hope to see you again soon!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hopkinton NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I spent two nights here this past week,with business just outside of Toronto. These accomodations are excellent and perfectly suited for the business traveler. The single king bed room was spacious and immaculately clean. It offered ample space for working and both comfort and quiet for sleep. I also ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and the food was quite good (try the egg white frittata if you are diet conscious).

My only reservation about providing an excellent rating is price. While the room charge was quite reasonable, the costs for breakfast ($28), valet parking ($40) and internet access ($13) were all unreasonably high. Such a pity!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your patronage and hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service in the future! We regularly review our pricing throughout the hotel in comparison with comparable branded 4 star hotels within the downtown area and work diligently to provide the best possible customer experience within these market guidelines. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly review this area wtihin our next market review process.

Thank you for recognizing the customer service experience that our team members provide! We will be sure to share your comments with the entire team!

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at this Hilton when I attended an academic conference in Toronto. I was very tired when I arrived so I didn't ask to change rooms. But for over $200/night my roommate and I got a small, noisy room on a lower floor with no fridge, no internet access, paper cups for coffee, and very basic toiletries that were not replaced as we used them. This hotel was not up to the standard that I'm used to. On the positive side, the staff were very pleasant and helpful, which counts for a lot, but it still does not make up for an altogether uncomfortable experience at very high cost.

Room Tip: If you are not staying on an executive floor, don't bother staying here.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jean_alberta_10
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm disappointed to learn that your experinece was not in line with our usual high level of accommodation and standards and please do accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences your encountered!

While our Executive Level accommodations do provide some of the best product and services we offer, our standard Hilton rooms and deluxe Hilton Honors floors have been new renovated to provide a great experience for our guests at all accommodation levels. All rooms within the hotel are equipped with wireless internet access and although Hilton standard provides "to go" cups for coffee throughout our hotels, china coffee mugs are available upon request at any time. Ammenity replacement of our new Thomas Peter Roth ammenity line is also "on consumption", however, should you require additional toiletries during your stay, our Housekeeping team is more than happy to accommodate.

I do hope that this isolated experience will not prevent you from taking the opportunity to visit us again in the future whereby we can more property demonstrate the usual high standards for which our hotel is well known.

Edwin Frizzel
Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night, on the tail end of our March Break trip to Toronto.
From the second I walked in to this hotel, I was treated very well. It started with the front desk employee who gave me my key; she greated me with a beautiful warm smile and provided me with various information about the hotel and the surroundings. I was checked in within 3 minutes.
When we got up to our room, it was spacious. The beds were double beds, which I am not used to seeing anymore; most hotels have queen size beds, which I prefer, especially when travelling with my family. But the beds were comfortable. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was top notch.

About 15 minutes in to our stay at the hotel, we received a knock on the door; I was sure it was someone coming to tell us to get our kids to be quiet. I even said that to them as I opened the door, instead I was greeted by house keeping. She must have been cleaning another room not too far away and heard the kids; she was so friendly and said she wasn't here to complain about the kids, she smiled and gave us a complimentary card for a free movie for the children. I thought that was so sweet of her, she didn't have to do that.

The service at this hotel, is excellent. Everyone is very friendly.

The room itself again, was clean and spacious. There wasn't much of a view, but that is to be expected as the hotel is in the heart of Toronto.

Parking was located directly underneath the hotel at a reasonable rate, considering we were in Toronto.

The one thing the hotel room didn't have was a fridge, so if you need one, don't forget to ask when you are booking.

Overall, a great hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GwenKitchener
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! It is wonderful to learn that our team members were able to make such an impression on your time in Toronto! Certainly, the hospitality that our team members strive to provide on a daily basis is a cornerstone of our hotel's success and we appreciate that you have taken the time to recognize them for their efforts!

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you "back" in the very near future!

Eden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here in December to attend a concert by Alex Cuba. We picked the hotel because of its proximity to our rendezvous location where a bus hired by the band transported us to the concert. It is obvious that this property is geared towards business travelers. The colors are dark and the decor modern. I LOVED the elevator with the glass walls, allowing us to view the city as we ascended to our room. Our room was on one of the top floors and was spacious and clean. The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the thermostat actually kept the room at the temperature we required. We had a quick snack in our room before the concert which was DELICIOUS and promptly served. Breakfast the next morning was a delight. Our server was pleasant and efficient. She even let me have 2 small jars of jelly to take to my nephews as gifts. All the staff that we encountered were friendly and professional. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who need to stay downtown, but I prefer the Hilton's waterfront location during the summer for the variety of activities that can be found there.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide a nice view of the city and allow you to use the elevators with windows!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marsha14057
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will visit us whenever your travel plans bring you to Toronto!!

I was pleased to learn that your found our accommodations comfortable and well appointed and that our team members went out of their way to make you feel "welcome"! Our goal is to ensure we provide the best hospitality possible to all of our guests!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future! Although we are the only full service Hilton hotel in Toronto (the waterfront hotel you mentioned hasn't been a Hilton since 1987 as a matter of interest!), we know you have many choices of places to stay when visiting and truly hope that your experience with us will entice you to join us again very soon!

Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

We received initially a room that was in a corner and very cold, but after the first night we changed it and it was better.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MariusF1
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for much for staying with us during your recent visit to Toronto! It has certainly been a very challenging winter season for our team with wildly fluctuating temperatures that always present a challenge for our Engineering team! I'm pleased to learn that our team was able to respond to your concern and resolve the situation for you quickly!

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This hotel is in a great location and close to everything! The staff was really nice and the rooms were also comfortable and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stacie B
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit!