“room great shuttle not so great”

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #111 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
“room great shuttle not so great”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel was nice and clean and a resonable price the shuttle to the airport was great however on the way back I Called the hotel at 10:20pm when I got into the airport the receptionist was told me to go to C22 and wait their would be about 20 min. so my family and I went to washroom and preceeded to gate C22 we saw the shuttle go by us as we walked their. after 20min I called the hotel to ask if we missed it the receptionist said again just wait at C22 they will be their I said one went by us 20 min ago she said we have 4 at the airport just wait. finally at 11 20 another shuttle came but it only had 3 seats left we were four. The driver said we would have to wait for the next one at least a half hr more. we were so cold from standing outside in -5 degree temps for a hr. finally the driver came back at 11:54 we got into the shuttle and he had a airfreshner hanging off his seat my husband removed it because I am allergic to scents however I still suffered an astma attack when the driver realized I was not breathing very well he drove quickly to the hotel and I got what I needed. The driver told us the one driver was told their was a pick up but when he got to c22 no one was their so he was at end of shift and just went to finish his rounds. I think he should of done what the other shuttles did and ask people with suitcases where they were going not just driving by them. I also think their should be more than one shuttle when it is winter when people are coming from 95 degree weather to -5 it's not good to be standing their for a hr and a half. now my husband and 1 daughter are both sick it was not a good end to a beautiful vacation. The driver did give me a good tip however he said next time send one person out to wait for shuttle while the other people wait in the airport and stay warm. (rock paper scissors anyone?)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for posting your review about your experience here at the Quality Hotel & Suites Toronto Airport East. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this has caused you. Your review has been shared with the entire staff and our shuttle company. We believe your evaluation is an opportunity to correct our mistakes and ensure this does not transpire again. Also, we have made changes on improving the service when the demand is high on the travelling season. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to serve you better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Waited about 15 minutes for shuttle at Pearson. Lots of confused people at the shuttle stop because there are so many Quality hotels near the airport, each with its own shuttle.

Hotel is a 15 minute ride from the airport in a rather grim area beside the 401 highway. Shuttle driver was irritable. Arrived around 11:15. Check-in went smoothly. They had 60 "distressed travellers" from Air Canada that night. Other people checking in were upset because the complementary morning shuttle to the airport were already full (booked first-come, first-serve) and so they had to pay for a taxi themselves or leave at 4:00 a.m. for an 8:00 flight.

Walked into hotel restaurant to check it out and because I had a dinner voucher from Air Canada. Other patrons laughed when I entered and told me to forget about ordering food since they had been waiting an hour for a plate of nachos.

Headed up to my room on the 11th floor. Basic 2* room with double bed and gross-looking couch. Noisy from television in adjacent room (could hear every word). Toilet leaking and so it would start running every few minutes with a roar of rushing water. Elevator gonged throughout the night too.

Overall not recommended but since I wasn't paying I can't really complain.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TribecaFoodie
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest comfortable accommodations and great service. Unfortunately, in your set of circumstances we failed in providing this while you were our guest.
We do our best to accommodate Air Canada passengers in our restaurant when the flights cancel last minute; we make an effort to schedule appropriately. Meals can be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Airport shuttle is complimentary and limited seating; first come first serve basis. Our goal is to get everyone to the airport in timely manner. When our passenger list is enormous, sometimes it is necessary to obtain taxi if shuttle is not available at required time.
If there is any part of your stay that is not to your satisfaction please let us know immediately and we will make it right. We stand by our 100% satisfaction policy when given the opportunity to make it right. If we cannot make it right your stay is on us.
Barrie
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Simply a very average hotel. Rooms are cheap, mattresses low quality, bedding worn, old style tube televisions, "desk" had no drawers...just not what I expect for over $100 a night!
this hotel sells on hotwire for a lot less, so I definitely feel like I got ripped off...they could have at least upgraded us to a nicer room for the price we paid booking on the quality hotel website.
Basically clean, staff fine, but nothing really to recommend it.
Will stay at the Hilton or Marriott next time...and it won't cost much more for a much nicer room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pbursey
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering great service and clean comfortable rooms. We are consistently working on the improvement on the rooms. Always ask for an upgrade, if available Consider it Done!
Haliburton ontario
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Once again my husband and I stayed here on the night before our trip to Cuba. I have to say the staff are starting to feel like family! We arrived the day before our flight and were greeted so warmly by the front end staff and they moved us from our original room because they had a hockey tournament group and didn't want our sleep disturbed because we had an early morning flight. We checked in and went to the restaurant in the hotel lobby for supper and the hotel manager seated us and chatted with us for a moment, ( extremely pleasant man )had a wonderful supper ( spagetti and pizza) and had a very peaceful night sleep. Beds are extremely comfortable. Shuttle service is always on time and friendly driver as well. Takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a wonderful experience at a hotel.

Room Tip: Always a wonderful experience in any room we have had.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest an outstanding experience. We appreciate you in taking the time and sharing your experience while you were our guest. We look forward to have you as our guest again.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed one night in this hotel after a long trip from Greece. There was a special on the net for this hotel, I only paid $58 including the tax, even lower than the B&B's in Toronto.

This is an airport hotel, so there is nothing much interesting around. It's a very suburban area, far away from downtown.

The hotel is a quality hotel. I liked the design of the rooms, styled in a classical way. The hotel is very clean and well maintained.

I did not like the breakfast. When I came to the breakfast lounge, the waitress told me that she will serve herself. She asked the drink I want and the bread type. Then she brought me the breakfast plate. The plate was almost all sweets except the butter and I had no other option. There were no cheese or eggs. I don't think it's good to start the day with this much load of sugar. I noticed that some other people were having breakfast plates with eggs, bacon etc. Then I thought it's because of the reservation I made. But still, option has to be given and extra money could be requested for a better breakfast.

Room Tip: When you are reserving ask the options for breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East and sharing your experience while you were our guest. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest great service and comfortable clean rooms. We are constantly offering promotions with value added services. If any part of your stay does not meet your expectations please let us know. We promise to make it right. Continental breakfast is part of some of the promotions we offer. If this is not to your contentment inform a manager; we will make the changes. Consider it Done!
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel is a gem! convenient location, good value clean, comfortable rooms, great staff, excellent breakfast. We have chosen this Quality Suites Hotel on several occasions and have always been happy. It is our favourite Park and Fly hotel.
Fay McCann

Room Tip: Ask for an airport view and yes you can see the CN Tower and the planes land and take off.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East and sharing your experience here while you were our guest. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward in serving you again.
Penetanguishene, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

paid over $ 40 more than quoted when booking through hotel. hotel shuttle took 1 hr to pick us up from our return flight. not worth the $

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East and sharing your experience here while you were our guest. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest great service and comfortable clean rooms. This hotel offers different packages. Discounts cannot be transferred with other packages. The rates from third party sites do not include the parking of vehicle for extended days. When looking for stay and fly package please inquire with guest services at the hotel. Shuttle service is complimentary and it is on first come first serve basis; limited to 11 passengers at one time. We sincerely apologize if this caused delays.