New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
Ranked #110 of 131 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario
“Great Stay, Park and Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel (January 2012). We found the check in to be very quick, well organized and helpful. Watch when you sign your bill though, as they almost charged us more than our quote, until I pointed this out.
The room was comfortable, clean, had a coffee pot, tea, bottled water and a couple granola bars.
We called earlier in the day of our arrival to make sure our shuttle to the airport was booked for the following morning requirements, and all worked out well. . They even provided us with a bag breakfast to take with us to the airport. We were pleased that we could park our car in the lot behind the hotel for the week while we were away. Shuttle pick up on our return from the airport was quick and no problems experienced.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank I_want_sunshine
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Quality Hotel & Suites Toronto Airport East. We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward in welcoming you back. Your comments are always welcome and they will be shared with the entire staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
LONDON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Myself along with a group of 9 of us stayed at this hotel (Jan 25th/2012) before flying out of Pearson Int Airport for an early morning flight. The hotel is nothing special but overall was clean and what we needed considering we had to be up at 3a.m to catch the shuttle to the airport. If you prefer onsite parking then this is not a hotel you want. We also read that the parking was onsite and then later read that it was Not by another reviewer but by then it was to late to cancel. It was a bit of a pain because we arrived after a two hour drive, then having to get back in the car to drive 10 minutes to the lot, then to park the car and get back on a shuttle to take you back to the hotel. This was all done in ease but still a step we did not want to take. So maybe in the futre we would not trust the website and call the hotel directly to make sure the parking really is ONSITE, lesson learned. Our group did eat at the restaurant onsite and to our suprize it was actually very good. Considering all of our cars were at a lot 10 minutes away we had no other choice but to eat there as there was nothing within walking distance. When we arrived back from our trip we called the shuttle to take us to our cars and he was there in no time at all. Overall I would not stay here again ONLY because of the No Onsite parking but we got the room for $79.00, not a bad deal for what we got including a weeks FREE parking! As always you get whet you pay for!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrea1024
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience at the Quality Hotel & Suites Toronto Airport East. Your comments are opportunity for us; we try to maintain great standards and improve on areas where needed. Certain time of the year the demand for travelling is high and our parking is limited; we need to lease offsite parking.
Ripley, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

This hotel was just one p--s off after another. Stayed here the night prior to going on vacation down south. Web site claims on site parking(not true...you have to park 5 blocks away then get a shuttle back to the hotel) and 24 HOUR SHUTTLE SERVICE TO AIRPORT. We booked with our credit card but paid the $111.36 (that was clearly stated on our booking confirmation that I printed off) in cash when we arrived, we were charged a $200 deposit on the room bringing the total to $311.36 which was fine. When we returned to the hotel after parking our vehicle, I asked if we could get a wake up call for 2am as we had to be at the airport at 3 to check in for our flight, to which point the girl at the front desk informs us that their 24 HOUR SHUTTLE SERVICE TO THE AIRPORT DOESN'T START UNTIL 3:15 AM!!!!

The next morning we go down to check out: the girl looked at us and said "Ok, the cost of your room was $119(something) plus tax so we owe you $174(something).....ummmm, WHAT??? When I showed her my confirmation that the room was $111.36 she said "Well that is a mistake and whoever checked you in should have noticed that" when we told her we were not paying a dollar over what was on our confirmation she then tried to tell us that there was tax on the deposit and tried to blame the girl who checked us in again for not telling us that. When we told her it was not our problem that the person checking us in did not inform us of the tax (which we knew was absolute crap) she finally agreed to give us the full 200.00 deposit back but not before turning to her co-worker and saying "I wish they would stop posting the wrong price on the website" So first she tries to place blame on the individual who checked us in, then proceeds to claim that prices posted on their website are inaccurate...make up your mind, lady!!!! And as for making it to the airport 3 hours before our flight.....we arrived at the terminal at 3:45 to catch a flight that boarded at 5:20...not impressed, not impressed AT ALL

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel especially if you have an early morning flight
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Angela B
Thank you for posting your review regarding your experience here at the Quality Hotel & Suites Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest quality accommodations and excellent service. In your situation we have failed to deliver on our commitment. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this has caused you. Your review has been shared with the entire staff and changes have taken place to ensure this occurrence does not transpire again. We hope you will come back and give us another chance to serve you better.
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel was nice and clean and a resonable price the shuttle to the airport was great however on the way back I Called the hotel at 10:20pm when I got into the airport the receptionist was told me to go to C22 and wait their would be about 20 min. so my family and I went to washroom and preceeded to gate C22 we saw the shuttle go by us as we walked their. after 20min I called the hotel to ask if we missed it the receptionist said again just wait at C22 they will be their I said one went by us 20 min ago she said we have 4 at the airport just wait. finally at 11 20 another shuttle came but it only had 3 seats left we were four. The driver said we would have to wait for the next one at least a half hr more. we were so cold from standing outside in -5 degree temps for a hr. finally the driver came back at 11:54 we got into the shuttle and he had a airfreshner hanging off his seat my husband removed it because I am allergic to scents however I still suffered an astma attack when the driver realized I was not breathing very well he drove quickly to the hotel and I got what I needed. The driver told us the one driver was told their was a pick up but when he got to c22 no one was their so he was at end of shift and just went to finish his rounds. I think he should of done what the other shuttles did and ask people with suitcases where they were going not just driving by them. I also think their should be more than one shuttle when it is winter when people are coming from 95 degree weather to -5 it's not good to be standing their for a hr and a half. now my husband and 1 daughter are both sick it was not a good end to a beautiful vacation. The driver did give me a good tip however he said next time send one person out to wait for shuttle while the other people wait in the airport and stay warm. (rock paper scissors anyone?)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review about your experience here at the Quality Hotel & Suites Toronto Airport East. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this has caused you. Your review has been shared with the entire staff and our shuttle company. We believe your evaluation is an opportunity to correct our mistakes and ensure this does not transpire again. Also, we have made changes on improving the service when the demand is high on the travelling season. We hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to serve you better.
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Waited about 15 minutes for shuttle at Pearson. Lots of confused people at the shuttle stop because there are so many Quality hotels near the airport, each with its own shuttle.

Hotel is a 15 minute ride from the airport in a rather grim area beside the 401 highway. Shuttle driver was irritable. Arrived around 11:15. Check-in went smoothly. They had 60 "distressed travellers" from Air Canada that night. Other people checking in were upset because the complementary morning shuttle to the airport were already full (booked first-come, first-serve) and so they had to pay for a taxi themselves or leave at 4:00 a.m. for an 8:00 flight.

Walked into hotel restaurant to check it out and because I had a dinner voucher from Air Canada. Other patrons laughed when I entered and told me to forget about ordering food since they had been waiting an hour for a plate of nachos.

Headed up to my room on the 11th floor. Basic 2* room with double bed and gross-looking couch. Noisy from television in adjacent room (could hear every word). Toilet leaking and so it would start running every few minutes with a roar of rushing water. Elevator gonged throughout the night too.

Overall not recommended but since I wasn't paying I can't really complain.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TribecaFoodie
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest comfortable accommodations and great service. Unfortunately, in your set of circumstances we failed in providing this while you were our guest.
We do our best to accommodate Air Canada passengers in our restaurant when the flights cancel last minute; we make an effort to schedule appropriately. Meals can be delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Airport shuttle is complimentary and limited seating; first come first serve basis. Our goal is to get everyone to the airport in timely manner. When our passenger list is enormous, sometimes it is necessary to obtain taxi if shuttle is not available at required time.
If there is any part of your stay that is not to your satisfaction please let us know immediately and we will make it right. We stand by our 100% satisfaction policy when given the opportunity to make it right. If we cannot make it right your stay is on us.
Barrie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Simply a very average hotel. Rooms are cheap, mattresses low quality, bedding worn, old style tube televisions, "desk" had no drawers...just not what I expect for over $100 a night!
this hotel sells on hotwire for a lot less, so I definitely feel like I got ripped off...they could have at least upgraded us to a nicer room for the price we paid booking on the quality hotel website.
Basically clean, staff fine, but nothing really to recommend it.
Will stay at the Hilton or Marriott next time...and it won't cost much more for a much nicer room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pbursey
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering great service and clean comfortable rooms. We are consistently working on the improvement on the rooms. Always ask for an upgrade, if available Consider it Done!
Haliburton ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Once again my husband and I stayed here on the night before our trip to Cuba. I have to say the staff are starting to feel like family! We arrived the day before our flight and were greeted so warmly by the front end staff and they moved us from our original room because they had a hockey tournament group and didn't want our sleep disturbed because we had an early morning flight. We checked in and went to the restaurant in the hotel lobby for supper and the hotel manager seated us and chatted with us for a moment, ( extremely pleasant man )had a wonderful supper ( spagetti and pizza) and had a very peaceful night sleep. Beds are extremely comfortable. Shuttle service is always on time and friendly driver as well. Takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a wonderful experience at a hotel.

Room Tip: Always a wonderful experience in any room we have had.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. The staff and I are committed in offering our guest an outstanding experience. We appreciate you in taking the time and sharing your experience while you were our guest. We look forward to have you as our guest again.