All reviews lots of hot water microwave and fridge subway station min walk great room lodging
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I need a hotel this past weekend in North York. I had a family function. I was looking for area, and this hotel was 10 min from where I had to be. For that is was a good choice. But that's it.

I booked it via Hotwire, it cost me $300 for 2 nights. We arrived at the hotel, and the parking lot was full. There was 3 bachelor parties going on and they took up all the spots. So I had to park on teh street, then wake up at midnight, to move my car from the street to the parking lot (otherwise I would have received a ticket. Can't park overnight on the street.

We walk into our room and it smelled moldy. And we were right. There was mold in the shower along the tiles, there is no fan in the shower, so if you take a shower it becomes a steam bath. The bathroom door does not close unless you use your shoulder and try to close it.
The room was big enough for 4 people, The continental breakfast was very poor. For the price of the hotel they should bump that up.

I will never use Hotwire in case I get this hotel again. I will never book directly to this hotel. I will pay less and drive an extra 20 min.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Not a Hotel in its true sense, but rather a banquet facility with some rooms for the party guests to stay overnight.

The first room that was offered to us had a broken A/C unit. After complaining to the front desk we were given an "upgrade". The room was bigger with a working A/C. The central air in nonexistent in this Hotel and the in-wall unit is very old and noisy.

The "icing on the cake" was a loud music coming from a multiple locations downstairs. This Hotel had 3 parties going on that day 08-24-2018. Needless to say that sleeping through the music was a challenge. The mattress was a lousy one as the rest of the amenities.

The only good thing was a room rate $120 a night and a free parking. In a hindsight, I should have spent a little more and stayed in a better hotel.

Not coming back while in Toronto.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

As soon as we arrived the entrance way was dirty and it smelled and very dark. We had to go to a different floor to check in. The reception was not pleasant and made us feel like he was doing us a favour by allowing us use their hotel. No respect at all. The wall paper was torn off the wall and it smelled very bad. It was late at night when we arrived and we were tired. In the morning there was no hot water. When we reported it to the front desk he made us feel that we were lieing. He said that if there was no hot water in your room it meant that all of the hotel had no hot water and there was no complaints by other guests. It was the worst experience that we ever had and I’m discussed that travel adviser would have such a discussing place listed with them. The date of booking was August 26

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I booked a 2 day stay to accommodate us during the Veld Music Festival. It’s a 30 min walk to Downsview Park where the festival is held and with the free hotel parking it’s a steal in that regard. Hotel set up is odd, lobby is on second floor and there’s no clear signage. Room was good, bed comfy, and everything worked. The continental breakfast had limited options but it was fine for us since we only were there 2 days. It was expensive though, but it might have been because we booked less than a week out due to an issue with our previous lodging. Wed stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Entrance of the hotel was weird! It was kind of a hidden entrance on the side of the building, not very attractive.. and it was weird that you had to go to the second or third floor for the lobby.. and the building could make some maintenance!
It was pretty far from downtown Toronto, further than we thought it would be!
staff was friendly..
Rooms were very spacious and clean! That was great! Bed was comfy!
Breakfast was nothing, that’s why we skipped it both of the days!
It was good, but since it was a bit weird and far from downtown Toronto probably wouldn’t come back!

Date of stay: June 2018