1,283 results
All reviews matisse restaurant carol lynn subway station the concierge lounge valet parking room service front desk staff valet service the royal ontario museum hotel lobby self park location is great bed was very comfortable per day bit dated upon check eaton centre
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Pro:
- nice, clean rooms
- convenient location near subway
- very friendly valet and front desk staff (were a better concierge than the actual concierge - see comments below)

Con:
- rude concierge - I'll save the long, drawn out story but basically I felt like I was being scolded for not knowing the location of the restaurant I was asking the location of. She told me I must have the name wrong (I did not) because it wasn't in her "book" yet it is a trendy, well known restaurant when you look online. I expect more out of a concierge - they should be an expert on the city. She was not an expert and she gave me attitude for also not being an expert.
- no free wifi (to me free wifi in the lobby does not count) which is absurd for the price of this hotel. This was especially inconvenient when I had to do the concierges job for her and could not do it from the convenience of my room.

Other comments:
- hotel layout leaves a little to be desired, we actually went up a flight of stairs to take the elevator because it was quicker than walking to the elevator on our floor
- we had no mini-fridge like other comments stated they had and it would have been nice

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator or you may be in for a hike.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jlkam
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

So close to Yorkville with shopping and subway downstairs. Typical Marriott look and feel. Service was good just wish wi-fi was included. We had a car rental and next time we would drop off first as parking is pricey and with the subway access, the car was not needed.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is pretty ordinary, nothing special, nothing wowed me.

The front desk always only have 2 staff, and sometimes one, and the few times I was at the lobby, there was always a line waiting. The staff are quite polite and efficient. However, I asked them to add my membership number to my booking when I checked in and they did not (I found out when I checked out).

The room is rather spacious.And unlike Fairmont, they have more than enough electrical outlets, 2 each on 2 of the desk lamps (see photo), and 4 on the work desk. The bed is too soft for my taste.

The fitness room is clean and big enough to have all the essential equipment. The equipmeent are rather new and well maintained.

For me, the worst part is, even as a member, there is still a ~$15+tax charge per day for Wi-Fi and Internet. In this age and time, it's ridiculas for any hotel to charge this, especially when you are their loyalty member.

Wi-Fi is free in the lobby though. This is whay you always see a load of people sitting in the couches in the lobby.

The best part about this hotel is its location. It is just right beside the subway station and is walking distance from Yorkville.

Other than the location, there is really nothing special about this hotel. Everything you need is there, but no wow factor.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Sunny B
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this on Hotwire. (Thus not knowing what hotel I was getting until booked)
It is a great location, easy to get to and parking was easy to find.
Very clean, nice size room. Comfy bed. No complaints except I think Internet should be included. It was like 13 a day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

You are right in the middle of the city, on Bloor Street not far from Church Street and all the shopping and restaurants. Pricey but very comfy, with up to date everything. I was only there for one night, but had a very positive experience with the front desk and room service. Would have liked free WiFi, an increasing number of hotels are now offering it, so it seems a bit niggardly of the hotel to demand payment for something nearly everyone now uses. Also, my room was quite far from the elevator and as I was travelling alone, I felt somewhat vulnerable hiking from the elevator to my room, but was too tired to go back to the lobby to ask for a room a bit closer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business