“Delicious food, and very nice ambiance”

New Orleans Seafood & Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 9,243 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed June 17, 2017

New Orleans was a great place to have a birthday dinner. The service was very attentive, and the owner seemed to genuinely care about the customers, welcoming everyone and saying bye to everyone. The crab cakes special was delicious - very soft and moist. The coconut shrimp was also delicious. We had the Jambalaya for 2 and it was so amazing. The fish in it was beautifully done, well seasoned, and not at all dry. Expect to take a little bit of the Jambalaya for 2 home with you, but good news, it's just as good the second day!

1  Thank Phil K

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

OMG the food was truly great! Fresh ingredients, flavourful, perfectly cooked, just wonderful. Went there with family (3 of us), had made a reservation, thank goodness, the place was packed. We had the gumbo yaya, coconut shrimp, wow, just great. Then the jambalaya and the fisherman plate between us all. Fresh fish, large chunks of fish in the jamba, can't say enough good things. Great service, very good house wins, a great place I'll be happy to return to.

1  Thank RCrumb
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I love New Orleans style food, seafood, gumbo, et al.
This looked good on the web, looked great when we walked in. Very nice décor, very pleasant size, clean, well lit, comfortable. The food was mediocre, wasn't bad, it wasn't god and I expected great. I had seafood pasta, plenty of seafood, but lacked that kick, that taste. It was simply heat, little flavor. I had a ceasar salad and it met all my expectations. Small but good selection of bottled beer, but lacked a good bourbon (they only had Wild Turkey) What is New Orleans without a good bourbon. A mate had the lamb chops and was satisfied, another had the seafood platter, he made no mention either up or down on the food. The presentation was wonderful, the service was excellent, but, in the end, you come for the food. Not bad, just not good and I wanted great and expected great.

3  Thank Bob W
Reviewed May 4, 2017

This is, by far, my husband's favourite restaurant in Toronto. We were there on April 29th. My husband had the grouper, prepared superbly. I had the lamb chops that, I must say, are probably the best I've ever eaten! Another wonderful meal to remember at this special spot. Our host, Michael, never fails to make us feel welcome and treats everyone as very special guests.

1  Thank gisack
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Not sure why people are so impressed. Service was ok but disappeared for long periods. Small cramped and weird décor. Gumbo had 4 mussels and 2 shrimp and no spice or flavor. Fisherman's platter 2 small coconut shrimp, two strips of lightly cooked not blackened fish with little flavor and no sauce. 4 small rings of squid with an odd sauce. Plain rice with grilled vegetable with no taste at all and barely warm. Instant decaf latte and free 1 once shot of crème de menthe. No parking in a tiny strip mall. Great hot bread but margarine not butter which is weird. Only $56 dollars though, but not worth the drive from Barrie. No creole in Toronto I guess if this is the best. Owner is good and cares, clean place.

4  Thank hmswarspite2017