See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I found this hotel to be clean and efficiently run.Good value for the money. I have no complaints ,everything went smoothly. It isn't cozy. It is a good basic place. The staff were friendly and available.

Date of stay: September 2018
Road754360, Manager at Edward Hotel North York, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Edward Hotel North York for your recent stay in Toronto and appreciate that you were taking time to provide your valuable feedback to us. Please be assured that we are consistently striving to improve the quality of our products and service. Visit us again to experience the changes.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Our one night stay at the Edward North York was far from being average. We stayed on the the third floor which smelled like old smoke throughout and I know this because I had to search the floor at 1 am and 5 other floors in the hotel for an ice machine that worked! As a result, the room carried the odor making hard to have a good nights sleep. On top of it, my husband slept on one the beds which had a broken spring. Also, the internet was not functional. The ONLY good thing that came out of our stay was the hotel front desk staff, in particular Susana Cho! When we decided to go to the Markham hotel for our second night, she went over and WAY beyond to make it possible. She was exceptionally professional and courteous to us and were grateful for her help to make it right! Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Sarah W, Manager at Edward Hotel North York, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Edward Hotel North York and thank you for allowing us to be of service. We are very sorry for your unpleasant stay but happy to hear that one of our great staff, Susana went beyond the call of the duty. I will share your comments with our team. Please be assured that we are consistently striving to improve the quality of our products and service. You can continue to expect this level of hospitality from our staff should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

This was our second hotel in T.O after our first hotel was less than adequate and in a shady part of town. Not how a person wants to start their first time experience to
Toronto. Any who, THIS hotel is beautiful and exceeded all our expectations (there was three of us travelling together). We ended up in one of the suites and it’s wonderful! Friendly staff and a great restaurant . Definitely recommend this gem.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences. We are delighted to receive your notes and especially pleased to read your kind words about our hotel and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

This hotel was less than I expected. There is no help to take luggage to your room. But I have to say that the young man at the reception desk stepped in nicely when he saw I was travelling with a handicapped companion. The room was recently renovated and clean though the corridors were messy. I understood that there are refugees from all over the world staying here. During my five day stay, I spoke to several - all nice people. This is just an idea for the hotel ... insist on a clean up ... put more garbage and recycle bins in the front, as the entrance of the hotel was very dirty.
All around the very helpful staff and service

Room tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheCaymanHustle
Kayo_Mehta, Manager at Edward Hotel North York, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and nice comments about our staff. I will definitely share your comments with our team as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Kind regards

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel on 8/20 for 8/21/18. Money had been taken from my bank; however, they told me they didn’t have room for me when I checked in at the hotel which was 11:30pm. How could I find another hotel at this time since that was my first time came to Toronto!!!! The reason for the cancellation was they were overbooked!!! How can that be possible?!
The experience with this hotel is worse than terrible

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mengziz
Sarah W, Manager at Edward Hotel North York, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear Mengzi

Thank you for taking time to share your unpleasant experience, please accept my sincere apology. We did have some issues with the system that had cased overbooking. However, I am surprised to read your comments as we had accommodated all the overbooked guests with our sister property. If you could give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure that you will enjoy the experience that so many of our guest are fond of.
I can be reached at sarah.wang@edwardvillagehotel.com.