“Fresh mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 15, 2015

We went as a large group. The food was very fresh however missed the authentic ingredients for Mexican food. The vegetarian items had choices of onions, peppers, cauliflower, zuchhini which I have not seen in authentic Mexican food. Was a bit of a disappointment as he didn't even have the option of mushrooms and everything was premade so we could not switch out any of the vegetables. The place was ok smaller side. Would have liked more options and more authentic food and taste. The drinks were good. Staff was helpful but seemed overwhelmed.

1  Thank meworldtraveller

Reviewed May 29, 2015

I was here for a bachelorette party. Had a frozen Lime Margarita to start....DELICIOUS! By far the best I've ever had.
For dinner I had the enchiladas. They were good but nothing outstanding. After I ordered I was asked if I wanted rice or beans with that, assuming then it was included, but on my bill I was charged extra for the rice. A friend asked if she could have extra guacamole because she was allergic to the sour-cream and was charged for it as well. I hate sneaky charges.
Everyone enjoyed themselves and their food. The quality was very good. As people left the restaurant others came in. They had live Mexican music playing outside which was nice to see. The staff were friendly and kind as well.
My hubby picked up take-out when dropping me off. He loved the chimichangas, empanadas and the tacquitos. My girls said they enjoyed their dinner too.
Overall I would recommend Cocina Lucero for good Mexican eats.

1  Thank beckysunshine2
Reviewed January 12, 2015

We have been twice to Cocina Lucero and both times sat on the awning and large tree covered patio that faces Maitland Street. North of College Park and one block south of Wellesley Street and TTC Subway Station. The chips were rather stale tasting and the salsa could be a bit spicier but the guacamole was fresh and tasty. I had the fajita as my main and it was good. A good size portion and sizzling hot. The food is a little short of flavour and spice. They need to kick it up a notch.
Servers are very attentive but come across a bit skittish. We never had to ask for anything. They gust need to Relax and smile more.
I think that I will be back again but I am still on the search for Toronto's best Mexican and Spanish food.

1  Thank Davidoftoronto
Reviewed September 5, 2014

We just arrived, walked by searching for something quick and good beside junk food we had on travel the whole day. We found an excellent comfortable place with nice atmosphere, best service and exquisite Mexican dishes. This evening made our day and did valuable our stay in Toronto.

1  Thank Evuliza
Reviewed September 4, 2014

On our last night in Toronto we decided to head down Yonge street to check out this restaurant after having seen it a couple of nights earlier when it was packed. Generally if a place is full it's for a reason and Cocina Lucero did not disappoint. Our server was very nice and the food was fantastic. If you're looking for some great Mexican food I would highly recommend checking this place out, I don't think you could go wrong ordering anything off the menu!

1  Thank Rachel M