“Excellent Food - Very Fairly Priced”
Review of Cocina Lucero - CLOSED

Cocina Lucero
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 31, 2015

This place is a Gem for authentic mexican food. Though Mexicans only can make the typical Mexican food (as I had in Cancun), this place is not a bad deal.
Amazing cocktails, nice patio and good food. What else can u ask during the drenching summer weather?

Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

Had dinner here last Friday in the patio. It's not crazy busy. So there was no wait. The patio was nice and comfy. They have Corona beer at $5. But the food was just blah. Not exciting like Mexican food should be. I had the combo platter. But it had no rice or salsa. It was dry. I had to order an extra side dish of rice. The service was great. However The food can be a lot better.

1  Thank Joe_Cruzer
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

Myself and a friend had a late dinner on the patio on a Sunday night. The chips and salsa and drinks were good. Great service. We weren't that impressed with the main course. I had enchiladas- one pork & one chicken which were both good. I also had one veggie one which was strange - it was filled with raw broccoli and carrots. Not very Mexican. It came with coleslaw on the side with corn on top. Like the kind you'd eat on a picnic which I though was odd. My friend had the fish. It was deep fried which is not mentioned on the menu. She did like the sauce it came with. There was no music playing on the patio. I think that would add a lot to the ambiance. Overall it was just ok.

1  Thank SunnyDays174
Reviewed June 15, 2015

We went as a large group. The food was very fresh however missed the authentic ingredients for Mexican food. The vegetarian items had choices of onions, peppers, cauliflower, zuchhini which I have not seen in authentic Mexican food. Was a bit of a disappointment as he didn't even have the option of mushrooms and everything was premade so we could not switch out any of the vegetables. The place was ok smaller side. Would have liked more options and more authentic food and taste. The drinks were good. Staff was helpful but seemed overwhelmed.

1  Thank meworldtraveller
Reviewed May 29, 2015

I was here for a bachelorette party. Had a frozen Lime Margarita to start....DELICIOUS! By far the best I've ever had.
For dinner I had the enchiladas. They were good but nothing outstanding. After I ordered I was asked if I wanted rice or beans with that, assuming then it was included, but on my bill I was charged extra for the rice. A friend asked if she could have extra guacamole because she was allergic to the sour-cream and was charged for it as well. I hate sneaky charges.
Everyone enjoyed themselves and their food. The quality was very good. As people left the restaurant others came in. They had live Mexican music playing outside which was nice to see. The staff were friendly and kind as well.
My hubby picked up take-out when dropping me off. He loved the chimichangas, empanadas and the tacquitos. My girls said they enjoyed their dinner too.
Overall I would recommend Cocina Lucero for good Mexican eats.

1  Thank beckysunshine2