“Style, location, and a fair price.”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto Canada
“Style, location, and a fair price.”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Took the wife here as a treat after being away on business and could not have been happier. The hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. Our room was only a basic room and it was spectacular, very modern/trendy, and if I were to sum up in one of word, I'd just say "comfortable". I travel a lot for work and this was better than what I've seen in London and San Francisco and at a much better price. It is walking distance to Union Station so convenient to get anywhere in the city.

Tips
- I found a deal on expedia (travelocity has it as well) for free valet parking and it seems to come up fairly often so keep an eye out for it.
- There is a cafe area on the second floor but it was nothing special, hit the starbucks across the street instead.
- I've not been but I hear good things about Eleven restaurant next door and Real Sports is right there too (I've reviewed that restaurant, it's amazing. )

Room Tip: If you are celebrating something, tell them cause I know people who have scored a free upgrade The...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank William C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grand Cayman
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed 4 nights in a luxury room with only a view of the office workers in the building next door - try and get a view if you can. Modern hotel, nice big rooms, spa like bathroom, well appointed. Nespresso machines in the room. Service was discreet and professional but based on other reviews I had higher expectations. Hotel was very quiet and peaceful, being in the secluded square helps, but wonder how noisy it is when there is an event at the ACC nest door. Good location. Good quality breakfast buffet, although there did seem to be a lack of staff attending to show you were things were. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room with a view - otherwise you are looking into offces!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PKtourist
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 18 February 2012

this is a very modern hotel, very different from the cookie cuter model you normally get in big cities. I stayed here three nights for business and even attending a full day meeting in one of the banquet rooms. The service was excellent, the rooms are very well thought out and clean, maid service was impecable and the service for the banquet was excellent as well.

Modern touches include a panel bar where you can hook up almost any electronic device to display on your 40 some inch tv, room key activated light switch (so you never have to look for your room key when you leave your room), light controls for the whole room beside your bed and of course a luxurious bathroom.

My only issue was they have an espresso maker in the room, which is great for some, but I would think market research would tell them that most people would rather a more traditional single serve coffee machine.

The food was okay - nothing over the top, but the menu is very limited for room service, so not sure if this is an ideal place for people travelling with kids, unless you are going to a game as that is RIGHT next door.

Room Tip: right now the view facing York is a complete mess of construction and with BIG windows it is all you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Hi SMacDonald,

Thanks for all of your great comments about us at Hôtel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. We’re really glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time send out this message.

It sounds like you adopt technology easily, so it’s great that you had the opportunity to benefit from all of our rooms’ features. As for the Nespresso machine – let us know when you have a chance to return and we’ll show you how to squeeze an extra-long Americano (aka “a cup of coffee”) out of it. In our world, everyone should have the type of brew they want, when they want it!

See you next time you’re in Toronto,

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Central location in Toronto near the CN tower. The staff were low key and friendly. The hotel was quiet and the furnishings and rooms were ultra-cool. Great bed. Great room service wine list. I would go back to Toronto just to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My first visit to the Le Germain hotel was as good as expected. Hotel has great location, modern design and outstanding service. Our room was perfectly clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Gave it a shot last December for the first time,being from Montreal,I knew about this great chain and was looking forward to it.They did not disappoint...From my first call to make a reservation ,passing by when I got there,until when I checked-out,everything was a breeze.I experienced an in-room massage,with the therapist Naomi.She was very experienced,knew exactly where and how I need pressure,I recommend her in a heart beat!

Since I have been going back and forth from Montreal to Toronto,I was aware of not being able to watch the Habs on tv unless they Play the Leafs.Le Germain staff sent me their guy who in charge for technical support and found a way to plug my laptop to the tv so I can watch it on their big flat screen instead of my laptop!!!What a service !

Everything in the room is thought about.First of,the unit was very spacious,lots of light coming from the window .Long desk overlooking the window .For the coffee lovers they have an espresso machine in the room with different favors offered.I could go on and on,I know I am forgetting things but most importantly,they won a new and loyal costumer in me!Thanks again for the top noch service!

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank HabsfanJez
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My boyfriend was in Toronto for business, so I joined him for 4 nights in late November. Great location - within walking distance to CN Tower and access to the subway right across the street. Clean modern decor and wonderful service - the female concierge (sorry, can't remember her name!) was particularly fabulous and super helpful! Had a pricey ($25) but very delicious turkey burger in the bar/lounge, and I loved the breakfast buffet - sliced meats, cheeses, gravlax, yogurt, granola, pastries, hard boiled eggs, porridge, fruit, roasted potatoes, mini quiches...all delicious and in a beautiful light-filled lounge area! Fabulous quality coffee/tea machine too. The free hotel wifi and computer in the lounge were also very handy. Rooms were contemporary and uber comfy - the beds are like heaven and are so hard to leave (so much so that we are actually very tempted to order the mattress from the hotel website!).

Negatives: the gym is very small and sad and totally uninspiring. And for those of you who have thin eyelids like me, the room does not get totally dark - the blackout blinds do not entirely cover the edges of the windows so you see the bright digital displays from Air Canada Centre. There's also annoying blinking lights from the in-room coffee machine.

However, I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HoneyGirl88
MDHenderson, Director of Front Office at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear HoneyGirl88,

Thanks very much for your review. I couldn’t agree with you more about Susan being particularly fabulous. I’ll make sure that the compliment is passed on.

I also appreciate the feedback about the blackout blinds. Our rooms that face the centre of the complex are less affected by the flash of the ACC. We can also ensure that your Nespresso machine is turned off prior to your arrival. When you have the opportunity to return to our hotel, please feel to reach out to me in advance so I can ensure that your preferences are met.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hôtel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square.

Safe travels,