“Could Not Have Been Better”

Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square
Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Palm Desert, California
“Could Not Have Been Better”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was my first stay at Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, but it certainly will not be my last. From the very beginning everything was perfect.

The young man at the desk was very friendly and called me by name throughout the process. I had book a deluxe room and asked if there might be a chance for an upgrade. After checking he indicated he could move me from my 600+ sq. ft. room to an executive suite at over 900 sq. ft. for an additional $50 per night. It proved to be money well spent. As a bonus at checkout, they reduced the upgrade charge to $25 per night without any request from me.

The room, while very modern, was very comfortable and well organized. The bath was terrific with great lighting, something often missing today.

Breakfast, which was included in the rate was fine, although nothing special, with assorted cold meats, bread items, and many fruits and cereals. I did not eat in the hotel restaurants, but the bar area seemed to busy all hours of the day and evening.

The best part, by far, was the attitude and helpfulness of the entire staff. Everyone smiled, often greeting me by name. The concierge--I wish I knew her name, was one of the very best with restaurant suggestions and helpful hints about going to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Try this hotel and you will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: As great as my room was, it did look directly into a wall of lighted business offices. I could see...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario
Reviewed 9 March 2012

It will be interesting to see if Le Germain will be able to maintain its standards with this property, given its location.

Nice touches:
1) sublime mattress, linen, pillows;
2) awesome breakfast (yeah for Montreal bagels!!!);
3) great second floor - well designed space with fine expresso/cappucino machine;
4) Molton Brown toiletries;
5) nice rainfall shower; and
6) his-hers closets in the bathroom area.

On my "so-so" list:
1) nice room but could be slightly more spacious;
2) functional, small fitness room; and
3) ear-plugs (don't go there for a restful stay).

And on the "what were they thinking?!" list:
1) cramped reception desk/area - not a good first impression;
2) the huge artwork over the bed (hubby felt threatened by so much testosterone); and
3) just "ok" service (where is the "boutique" feel in all this?).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prof_trad
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear prof_trad,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square. I appreciate your highlighting the different aspects of your experience.

Although the hotel is located in the hustle and bustle of the city, we are experts at helping our guests relax. Sleeping in an unfamiliar place can be difficult for some people, so having earplugs available in our rooms seems like a safe choice. Nevertheless, we do have lots of quiet rooms that face a courtyard, and are happy to take requests.

As with any notable artwork, the pieces in our rooms spur conversation and generate a reaction. Similarly, not everyone would choose to have them hanging in their living room. As a partner of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, the photos reflect our unique personality, ensuring that you will not mistake our hotel for any other!

As for the “ok” service, I am truly sorry that we didn’t connect on that level. The team working at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square truly loves what we do. Each employee has the drive and desire to ensure that you feel cared for during your visit. If you have any specific feedback on how you feel we could have improved, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

Thanks again for visiting us, and taking the time to provide your feedback.

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division
Beijing, China
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I planed an evening for my sister in Toronto from overseas.
They assisted in all planning aspects from the car and driver to the restaurant and every little alternative request made in between.
Wonderful service and an exceptional experience for both myself and my sister.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Called hotel to book for my upcoming stay,asking about the possibility of having a duo in-room massage,for my friend and I.

The concierge staff and I emailed back and forth about the inquiries/dispos etc.

This stay was a complete breeze and the massages therapist were just great.My friend was really impressed by all these details that are in the room to enjoy.

Kudos to the staff,once again,you found a new way to blow myind away with your stellar service!

See you again!

• Stayed January 2012
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear HabsfanJez,

Thanks for the kudos!

I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the size of our rooms – there’s nothing more relaxing than getting a massage just a few feet away from your bed.

Feel free to visit us again next time you’re feeling tense! We’ll take care of the details.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division
London, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Excellent overall! Friendly and accommodating staff. Fantastic location downtown...stumbling distance to ACC for game and easy walk to restaurants and Union Station. There is the PATH which is a walking path all indoors....important when it's cold outside. Room clean, spacious and great view of CN Tower. What more can you ask for? Complimentary wifi, coffee/tea, etc. Bed amazingly comfortable. Rainfall shower was kinda weird but got used to it. Only beef was valet parking for $38, but what else can you do right downtown. Just a personal pet peeve. Highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank raylee11
Southsea, UK
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This is the 3rd Le Germain property I have stayed at and I'm really liking the brand. This time it was the very new, large hotel in Maple Leaf Square. It's ideally located for the financial district and the PATH (Toronto's underground street system) starts just across the street.

I got a deal including a free upgrade to a suite which was pretty spectacular - huge, well appointed rooms, 2 giant TVs, great bathroom and a walk-in closet. The service was up to the usual excellent standard and I thought overall value for money was excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Toronto Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Took the wife here as a treat after being away on business and could not have been happier. The hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. Our room was only a basic room and it was spectacular, very modern/trendy, and if I were to sum up in one of word, I'd just say "comfortable". I travel a lot for work and this was better than what I've seen in London and San Francisco and at a much better price. It is walking distance to Union Station so convenient to get anywhere in the city.

Tips
- I found a deal on expedia (travelocity has it as well) for free valet parking and it seems to come up fairly often so keep an eye out for it.
- There is a cafe area on the second floor but it was nothing special, hit the starbucks across the street instead.
- I've not been but I hear good things about Eleven restaurant next door and Real Sports is right there too (I've reviewed that restaurant, it's amazing. )

Room Tip: If you are celebrating something, tell them cause I know people who have scored a free upgrade The...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple