Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DineshS

Sublime!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 8, 2024via mobile
What a fantastic people focused hotel!! This is my 3rd night of a five night stay in a club level room with lounge access.

The staff in the lounge could not be more welcoming if they tried. Myki (From Japan) super efficiently dispatched small glitches in my room via engineering and at the same time welcomed me for breakfast with the biggest smile. Same goes for Rose from Turkey, Emma from Taiwan and the lovely lady from Romania, whose name I just cannot remember. Then there is Olga from Russia who is a force of nature. So attentive was she that when I failed for the third consecutive night to attend the dessert buffet due to work engagements, when I got in I found a wonderful selection of these in my room. Now that’s service!!

I watched their personal engagement with other guests and they were the same. Welcoming, super friendly and efficient.

My room was well appointed and super comfy. While it is not a brand new hotel it is well maintained and exceptionally generous in its offerings in the club lounge which is in fact an open bar from lunch with breakfast, lunch, afternoon team and cocktails with canapés every evening.

Keep it up team. The Ritz will be my home in Toronto for sure!!
Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 5 weeks ago
Dear luxurymelcmb,

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed review! We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us has been nothing short of sublime.

It's wonderful to know that Myki, Rose, Emma, Olga, and our other team members have made your experience special. We take great pride in our staff's dedication to providing warm, personalized service, and your recognition means the world to us. Myki, in particular, will be pleased to hear about the positive impact she made on your stay.

We wish you a comfortable end of stay and look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz on your next visit to Toronto.

C$405
    C$372
    C$390
2.4 km from The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
Pool
 Entrance to our newly renovated hotel.
C$135
  • Fairmont
0.5 km from The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto
View more hotels in Toronto
2,091 results
All reviews club level toca restaurant cn tower corner suite hotel is beautiful living room rogers centre spa rc concierge priscilla mirror luxury valet doorman downtown properties
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2024

I wanted to write a review to thank the staff who looked after me during my recent stay. I came up for short vacation to see friends in the city with my girlfriend. Apologies if I miss spell names of the staff!

Check in was quick and efficient, provided by Guleen. She was prompt with our check in and warm. She provided a number of options for late night dining. She even offered club, but due to the nature of the trip, we refused.

The room was very well kept with all the expected amenities for luxury hotel. My girlfriend has actually rarely travelled and was surprised that the neso coffee was complimentary!

Our room was always well kept and stocked, thanks to our housekeeping attendant Teressa, which was much appreciated as we were constantly wandering the city and there is a simple pleasure to come back exhausted and everything is how it should be. She noticed we were a couple and placed additional items for us to use. Even left sweet notes for us!

I brought a rum cake for the front desk team. Working in the industry and understanding how difficult it can be at times. I wanted to provide them with a positive experience. I provided it to Nikos, front desk agent, who thanked me for the kind gesture. I asked a few questions regarding my billing he was able to assist with them.

On the morning of my departure, I was again meet by Nikos, who conducted my checkout, confirming my bonvoy number was attached and email for billing purposes. He even managed to surprise me. With the help of Marco, another agent, they wanted to return the favor and surprised me with two Ritz Hats and maple candies. They even had the Night Manager meet with me, Alejandro, and we had an exchanged pleasantry. Nikos & Marco also assisted with organizing transportation and showed genuine concern regarding the timings. Everything work out the getting a taxi was no problem.

My only critique would be to check the pillows, as they were a little flat. It wasn't an issue for myself, but I can see how it could be for others. I'm sure if we requested, we would be provided more firm ones.

We did not get a chance to enjoy much of the amenities, due to the fact our schedule was packed. However, it does leave an opportunity in future to stay! Thank you once again to all the staff who made this a wonderful experience for myself and my significant other! First class!

Date of stay: May 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guillaume B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2024

Dear oleksanderm2024,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto! We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable stay.

We greatly appreciate your kind words about Gurleen's warm and efficient check-in service, Teressa's attentive housekeeping, and Nikos and Marco's exceptional assistance and thoughtful gestures. It's wonderful to know that their efforts contributed to making your stay special and comfortable. We'll be sure to share your compliments with them, as recognition like this is incredibly motivating for our team.

We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the pillows. Please know that we have a variety of pillow options available for our guests to enhance their comfort and we offer a pillow menu through our TV directory or available by calling our operators.

Thank you again for your generous review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guillaume B. General Manager

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I’m a regular traveller to Toronto for business. I am also a Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite member. I travel a lot and stay in a lot of Marriott hotels.

I started staying at the Ritz last year. Most of the staff is wonderful, from housekeeping, to the concierges to the bar and restaurant employees. They always went out of the way to show your patronage was valued. I was offered a corporate rate for 2024 based.

I emailed over a week in advance to arrange my next stay in Toronto and was informed that all off the rooms that were covered by my contract (which only has two blackout periods and my stay wasn’t in either of them) were unavailable but the could offer me a “superior” room at a discounted rate. When I pushed back I received a dismissive and pedantic email explaining the realities of my contract. When I pointed out that anyone could go to their website and book one of these “superior” rooms for a lower rate than the discounted one I was as told that was only for 3 night or longer stays. When I pointed out my booking request was for 3 days he never bothered replying.

I get the room size covered by my contract may not be available (although he used the words “almost no inventory”). If you are going to force me to pay more for a larger room at least give me a “discount” that is bigger than a random person surfing the net can get.

Other members of the Ritz team worked very hard to get me to stay at the Ritz. They made my businesses feel valued and appreciated. One employee wrecked that in a single email exchange.

If you want a great place to stay while visiting Toronto I highly recommend the Ritz. If you are a business traveller who regularly travels to Toronto for business and is seeking a corporate rate contract you can rely on for cost certainty, find another hotel as that team at the Ritz does not value loyalty and will gouge you at the first opportunity.

If this particular staff member worked for me and treated one of my customers this way, he would be terminated for cause immediately.

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond M
Guillaume B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2024

Dear raymondmB518DT,

Thank you for your continued patronage and for sharing your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your attempt to book your stay with us in Toronto.

We deeply value your loyalty as a Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite member and understand your expectations regarding corporate rates and room availability. Please be informed that our corporate contracts are already discounted, and any additional discounts or promotional rates offered online may come with specific conditions or be part of a package deal.

Regrettably, due to high occupancy levels, there may be instances where certain room categories covered by corporate contracts are unavailable. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

We appreciate your feedback regarding your interaction with our team member, and rest assured, we will investigate internally on that specific situation.

Reviewed April 9, 2024 via mobile

We arrived early at noon, and they were able to check us in early, and they upgraded us to a CN Tower lake Ontario view room. Being a platinum elite member does not give you access to the concierge level amenities/lounge. The cost for two people for the whole stay was $300 Canadian, which gave you access to the lounge with food, beverages and car service. We opted to not get it as we couldn’t eat or drink for that amount of money! The room was fabulous. The highlight of the room was the smart toilet. It was simply amazing and I now want to get this $10,000 toilet for my house. The beds were comfy. The water bottles were restocked regularly and the customer service was outstanding. Special shout out to Marco Bosco in guest services who made our stay that much more enjoyable, he was great to chat with in the lobby. The Ritz Carlton signature blend tea is available 24/7 in the lobby and it was delightful. We were able to get a few packages to take home and enjoy after our stay. Truly an amazing experience and plan to return on our next trip to Toronto. Note that this hotel has many professional sports teams staying at the hotel, and sometimes there will be a crowd outside, waiting for players, this does not hinder our experience in anyway, we were just surprised that a crowd was outside a different hours of the day. There’s definitely good people watching opportunities in the Ritz-Carlton lobby.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank catherinew205
Guillaume B, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2024

Dear catherinew205,

Thank you for choosing to share your experience at our hotel. We're thrilled to hear that your stay with us was exceptional from the moment you arrived and that our team was able to accommodate your early check-in request and provide you with an upgrade.
We sincerely appreciate your kind words about our facilities and service, and especially Marco from our guest services team who made a positive impact on your stay, and we'll be sure to pass along your compliments to him. It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed our Ritz-Carlton signature blend tea which has been a recent addition to our guest experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto for another memorable experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2024

I've been a fan of the Ritz Carlton brand for sometime now and I love to experience the different locations, amenities and levels of service. Being from Niagara, we have tried most of the other 5 star hotels in Toronto and we keep coming back to the Ritz.

Although other hotels may offer some different amenities and style, we keep coming back to the Ritz for one primary reason: The Service. It cannot be beat. They wrote a book about it, and you can clearly see why.

What really blew me away was the babysitting service! I had no idea that even existed! It was March Break, we were with our rambunctious 5 year old boy, and we JUST wanted a nice quiet dinner and drinks in peace.. AWAY from him. I emailed the Concierge, and they promptly set me up with a professional nanny service that was quite reasonably priced.

They set it all up! At 5pm we had a sweet, almost-overqualified nanny (who was a professional teacher in the area) knock on our door with an entire suitcase full of games and fun for our boy.

The service didn't stop there - a Ritz carlton backpack filled with a hand written note to him and tons of games. Warm chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven with cold milk sent up to him every night! A very welcome and delicious bottle of wine AND Millstreet organic beers chilling in a bucket of ice also greeted us when we arrived, which was SO nice after driving on the stressful, hectic highway.

My husband and I still chuckle to this day about a favourite new memory of ours - after we left the lobby bar Epoch after a few pre-dinner cocktails, we see our son chatting up the concierge, security and front desk with the Nanny. They are laughing, engaging and Ill never forget the image of my 5 year old.. just chilling in the Ritz Carlton lobby.. surrounded by excellent care. We felt like movie stars.

We also enjoyed the gorgeous pool in the morning, the delicious room service, and the wonderful check-in and check-out service from both employees (sadly I forgot their names!). The minute your child walks into the Ritz, its all about them! I've yet to find that in any other hotel chain - and the service, amenities and nanny service really makes paying the extra $$ worth it to stay at the Ritz.

THE ONLY embarrassing thing is when my kid tugs on my coat when we are in a lineup somewhere and loudly asks "Mum! I want to go back to the Ritz Carlton!".. I sure get a lot of eye rolls from other people in line, but who can blame the kid!!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Guillaume B, Owner at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2024

Dear NiagaraK8,

We're thrilled to hear about your fantastic experience at our property! At our hotel, we take great pride in providing exceptional service to all our guests, including families. We understand the importance of ensuring that parents have the opportunity to relax and enjoy their stay, especially during busy times like March Break. Our dedicated team goes above and beyond to cater to the needs of both parents and children, creating memorable experiences for everyone.

From comprehensive babysitting service or personalized welcome gifts such as warm cookies and milk delivered to your room, we strive to create a welcoming and enjoyable environment for families. We're delighted to have exceeded your expectations and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for more unforgettable experiences at the Ritz Carlton, Toronto!

Reviewed February 22, 2024

Very nice property, however, I did expect a bit more. As a Titanium Elite member I did expect them to at least acknowledge that I was staying with them for my birthday, from out of the country, they did not. I was given a basic king room, which I booked but it was not how I envisioned. The bathroom was beautiful and the height of the room experience. There was no breakfast included or any amenities and was asked to spend an additional $300+ a day for the club lounge, which included breakfast. Honestly, it was not worth it for me. However, staff were the best, most certainly the porters and Ritz Cafe staff set the tone; superb service. I’m not certain that I’d stay with the Ritz again in Toronto because it didn’t feel like the luxury experience I intended for it to be.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TravelswithDestinee
Guillaume B, Owner at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2024

Dear TravelwithDestinee,
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us for your birthday celebration. Your comments are valuable to us as we continuously strive to enhance the guest experience. We apologize for any oversight in acknowledging your special occasion and will certainly share your compliments with our dedicated staff members.

As a Bonvoy Titanium Elite member, we regret to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please note that while Bonvoy Titanium Elite members receive exclusive benefits, such as room upgrades and late checkout, breakfast and Club lounge access are not included at The Ritz-Carlton properties as mentioned in your benefit list.

Wishing you a lovely weekend,
Warm Regards,