“Amazing business meal ”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 9,074 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

Great service and great food. It's almost like an Italian twist on a steakhouse. Very creative appetizers and entrees. They found a way to make the typical filet mignon much more interesting.
Highly recommend

3  Thank kingpowder76
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear kingpowder76,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent visit to TOCA, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Unfortunately it was a very quiet night. However for us, the staff were so attentive it made for a great evening. The food was inventive and beautifully presented.

1  Thank 186338SarahS
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

Dear SarahS,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on both the hotel and on TOCA.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the dinner, despite the restaurant being fairly quiet on that evening.

We would love to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We recently enjoyed an early dinner prior to another event in Toronto and were treated to delicious wine (large selection), exceptional service and spectacular food.

We ordered a caprese salad with lobster, rack of lamb, and the sea bass with sides of vegetables and gnocchi. VERY dish was beautifully presented, served piping hot (where applicable), and most importantly was extremely flavourful. Chef and all staff clearly take great pride in their work and it was a treat to be looked afters so professionally. With the bill we were even given little pastries to enjoy as we didn't have time to order dessert. . . next time!

All in all we both loved our experience and look forward to returning!

2  Thank DateNightDoneRight
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Dear DateNightDoneRight,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience at TOCA, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto in the near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, nice cosy and woody feel in downtown Toronto. We had breakfast and we're not amazed by their lackluster omelettes. The other food options were just good, but eggs for breakfast must be great in a five star hotel restaurant. Service was really good.

Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Dear NamelessSmith,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on both the hotel and on TOCA.

I am sorry to hear that the omelettes for breakfast did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

We had dinner with another couple at Toca this weekend. It was a great weekend to be at the Ritz Hotel (where Toca is located) with the Toronto International Film Festival in full swing and several of the stars staying at the hotel. Great atmosphere. We had the special tasting menu. The first course (foie gras) was perhaps the best I have ever tasted. The remaining courses were all good, but went downhill from the starter. The main course (filet) was, in fact, not great at all. The service was excellent (far exceeded the average) and the sommelier was great! All were helpful, friendly and seemed eager about their jobs. I just wish that steak had been better and I could have given this place 5 stars.

2  Thank CAM1202
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Dear CAM1202,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the overall experience at TOCA, and especially the service. I wish that the food had been more impressive. If possible, I would like to learn more about your experience. Kindly contact me at (416) 585-2500 or via e-mail: bastian.germer@ritzcarlton.com. Thank you.