“Amazing service and food!”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 8,880 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Reviewed 13 December 2015

My parents took our daughter to Toca after the Nutcracker performance. We were very pleased to see how gracefully they treated our daughter aged 6 . The sliders and branzino were amazing and very well executed. Our daughter was given a tour of the kitchen and the chef gave her a doll while giving her the tour. Very pleased with their service and their accommodation towards children. Definitely would go back!

2  Thank VESUVIOS
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear VESUVIOS,

Thank you very much for posting this wonderful review.

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the experience at TOCA after the Nutcracker Tea performance.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with our Ladies & Gentlemen, and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

Over price for mediocre food. Wasnt horrible but one would have high expectation for a Ritz Carlton restaurant and it doesn't deliver. They even charge $2.50 for tap water. Spend your money somewhere else.

Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear mtown_cpl,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not impressed with your dinner at TOCA. If possible, I would like to learn more about your experience. Kindly contact me at your convenience either by phone (416) 585-2500 or e-mail: bastian.germer@ritzcarlton.com. Thank you very much.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2015

The four of us had the tasting menu with wine pairings. From start to finish each course was amazing. The courses were foie gras, triple pasta, filet mignon steak and deconstructed tiramisu. Each course was done very creatively. The steak was my favourite. Great flavour and really tender. It even beat steaks from steak houses. One person had an allergy to some things and the kitchen staff prepared awesome replacements. Our server was exceptional. He was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the wine being a sommelier himself. The wine pairings definitely enhanced the meal were a real treat. He also recommend a great bottle of wine we ordered with an extra cheese course. Again, a perfect match. It was an extraordinary meal experience overall.

5  Thank FuzzyBeaver
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Dear FuzzyBeaver,

Thank you ever so much for posting this wonderful review on TOCA.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and that everything from food to wine to service was to your satisfaction.

I hope that we can welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto very soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

I recently went to Toca for a business lunch and I didn't know what to expect. What I was served was a great business and eating experience.

To start, the servers knew and remembered my lunch companion and his likes.

We were seated in a comfortable corner where we could talk and see the restaurant. As soon as we sat down our glasses were filled with the water of our choice and we were informed of the specials.

I had a great rabbit dish for lunch and asked for a suggested wine to pair with it. I was brought a delicious fruity Austrian wine that was perfect with the rabbit and the silken parsnip puree.

I would for sure recommend this to anyone.

2  Thank HEFTYgourmet
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2015

Dear HEFTYgourmet,

Thank you ever so much for posting this wonderful review.

I am glad to hear that you and your business partner enjoyed Lunch at TOCA.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Very attentive service, good and varied menu. Had the kale salad and a mouthwatering haddock cooked to perfection.
the ambience could have been a bit warmer for dinner....

3  Thank pchrist0
Bastian G, Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Dear pchrist0,

Thank you kindly for posting reviews on both the hotel and TOCA.

I hope that we will able to welcome you back in the near future.