“Amazing Girl's Night Out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 8,352 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Canadian, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Girl's Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2016

Visited for Sunday brunch on several occasions, but a recent dinner trip which was one of the best meals I've ever had warranted a review. We dined on a Tuesday evening, and were treated to exceptional service and food. They even brought us complimentary drinks and biscotti after dessert to celebrate a birthday in our group. We ordered a bottle of wine, charcuterie to share, and an entree and dessert each. Everything was perfectly timed, and we never felt like we were rushed or waiting too long between courses. I had a smaller portion of the lamb ragu, and it was perfectly sized to fit into the 3 courses that I indulged in that evening. Service has always been great at brunch, but this dinner made us feel like royalty and I will definitely be back again.

• Visited June 2016
1 Thank Michelle B

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Exceptional service and gluten free friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a family weekend and dined at Toca on three occasions--twice for breakfast and once for dinner. My husband and younger daughter both have a gluten allergy and they had no trouble at all. Plentiful options and well-informed servers.

The breakfast table had delicious and fresh offerings, and they did vary slightly from Saturday to Sunday which was nice. Our server on Saturday morning was kind enough to show myself and my younger daughter the cheese cave and explain some of the cheeses inside.

Our dinner at Toca was exceptional. We arrived after a long day of touring with family and Toca was the perfect spot for a relaxing dinner. I was a bit worried as we arrived with our children, ages 11 and 9, but we were seated in a quiet section of the restaurant and a lovely, leisurely meal. Our waiter was wonderful (Elan? I'm sorry I forgot his name!), and the team working with him. We had a great bottle of wine, perfect food (Bistecca florentine, pasta with lamb) and gracious service. At the end of the meal our waiter even brought the girls into the kitchen to see where their desserts had been made.

I'm already looking forward to our next visit to Toronto and dining at Toca!

Visited July 2016
3 Thank Michele L
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2016

The food and service was brilliant - the menu choice excellent and staff are always willing to explain in detail the dishes. A nice touch they will ask you about allergies to certain foods. Yes I would recommend but be aware it is not cheap.

Visited July 2016
5 Thank Boltonian995
Montreal, Canada
“great food, beautiful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2016

I went there with clients, for a business lunch. I recommend it if you want to please your clients with a great setting, great food, excellent service in a perfect central location.

Visited August 2015
1 Thank JeanTalon
Toronto
“Brunch with the Ladies ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2016

So to help celebrate a friend turning fabulous 40 , a group of us girls got together for Brunch ...it started at 1130am .....we were STILL in the private dining room at TOCA by 530 ...and we needed to leave so that they could set up for dinner . THATS HOW GOOD THIS PLACE IS , YOU NEVER WANT TO LEAVE !!!!
The service is what one comes to expect from Ritz Carlton , 5 star all the way ! Not one of us had a single complaint , ( that in and of itself is saying something ) LOL !
The menu is extensive without being boring . I ordered the Lemon Ricotta with Strawberries and basalmic drizzle with multi-grain toast , and also an order of Zeppole served with a divine Lemon Custard . A couple of the ladies ordered the Eggs Benedict and it looked and smelled heavenly . You can of course also order traditional bacon , eggs , etc. But expect it to be done up Ritz style !
The venue itself was very pretty and easy to find , as soon as you walk through the front doors , as you approach the Lobby , Toca is on your left side and up the stairs.
I would definitely go back and am looking forward to having dinner there .

• Visited June 2016