“Dinner in the Kitchen with a Great Chef and Sommelier”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Reviewed 2 August 2016

If you can swing the in Kitchen Experience, I truly recommend it! Our chef picked some amazing dishes for us - made to our taste. The sommelier paired some big, beautiful Cabs. What a great evening.

2  Thank cbacich

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Visited for Sunday brunch on several occasions, but a recent dinner trip which was one of the best meals I've ever had warranted a review. We dined on a Tuesday evening, and were treated to exceptional service and food. They even brought us complimentary drinks and biscotti after dessert to celebrate a birthday in our group. We ordered a bottle of wine, charcuterie to share, and an entree and dessert each. Everything was perfectly timed, and we never felt like we were rushed or waiting too long between courses. I had a smaller portion of the lamb ragu, and it was perfectly sized to fit into the 3 courses that I indulged in that evening. Service has always been great at brunch, but this dinner made us feel like royalty and I will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a family weekend and dined at Toca on three occasions--twice for breakfast and once for dinner. My husband and younger daughter both have a gluten allergy and they had no trouble at all. Plentiful options and well-informed servers.

The breakfast table had delicious and fresh offerings, and they did vary slightly from Saturday to Sunday which was nice. Our server on Saturday morning was kind enough to show myself and my younger daughter the cheese cave and explain some of the cheeses inside.

Our dinner at Toca was exceptional. We arrived after a long day of touring with family and Toca was the perfect spot for a relaxing dinner. I was a bit worried as we arrived with our children, ages 11 and 9, but we were seated in a quiet section of the restaurant and a lovely, leisurely meal. Our waiter was wonderful (Elan? I'm sorry I forgot his name!), and the team working with him. We had a great bottle of wine, perfect food (Bistecca florentine, pasta with lamb) and gracious service. At the end of the meal our waiter even brought the girls into the kitchen to see where their desserts had been made.

I'm already looking forward to our next visit to Toronto and dining at Toca!

3  Thank Michele L
Reviewed 12 July 2016

The food and service was brilliant - the menu choice excellent and staff are always willing to explain in detail the dishes. A nice touch they will ask you about allergies to certain foods. Yes I would recommend but be aware it is not cheap.

5  Thank Boltonian995
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I went there with clients, for a business lunch. I recommend it if you want to please your clients with a great setting, great food, excellent service in a perfect central location.

1  Thank JeanTalon