“Mazing breakfast buffet!”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton hotel. TOCA is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stayed at The Ritz-Carlton and enjoyed breakfast at Toca. The staff was incredible and very attentive. The selection was fresh, tasty and very well presented. The ambiance is wonderful and I will come back again just for breakfast. We will return!!!

1  Thank iluvtravel1

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Stayed at the Ritz and wanted a quick dinner before a event at the Roger's centre, so we tried the restaurant at the hotel. It was AMAZING in all ways, Service a 10, food a 10, and portions just right! You cannot go wrong. Would return! Our son had pasta, I had the Halibut, and also the Lobster. It was all fresh and inviting. Great ambience as well.

1  Thank penny k
Reviewed 6 October 2016

My in-laws were staying at the Ritz, so we decided to have dinner at Toca. My mother in law got the ravioli (which was basically a block of cheese covered with a soggy piece of pasta). My husband ordered the $20 appetizer portion of gnocchi and said it was average at best. I had the pork chop, but because of my nut allergy, I couldn't have the accompanying crust they usually put on it. So they served me a plain fried pork chop (side dish extra). I wish they'd gone the extra mile and either recommended something else for me to order or made a sauce or SOMETHING so I wasn't eating a dry pork chop. For fine dining, we were incredibly disappointed with the food. For my money, we'll go to Canoe next time, which is much, much better. If you're charging $40 for a pork chop without a side, it should be DELICIOUS. If you're charging $30 for five pieces of ravioli, it should be DELICIOUS.

I should say that the breakfast at Toca was much better than this, but I'm writing about the dinner.

1  Thank Nikkers123
Franck A, General Manager at Toca, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Nikkers123

Thank you for your kind comments regarding breakfast at TOCA.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not equally enjoy your experience over dinner. The pork chop is indeed delicious with its crust and given your allergy, the waiter could have offfered to replace the crust by another element. Concerning the Ravioli Caprese they are one of our signature dishes. They are made with generous portions of Italian Caciotta cheese, fresh Italian and local tomatoes, fresh basil, and we always get great comments about them. Did you have a chance to express your disappointment with the restaurant server and manager? In the meantime, I will discuss your comments with the team.

Again, please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to TOCA and change your perception of our service. Please do not hesitate to contact our Restaurant Manager Peter Muir on your next visit to TOCA.

Best wishes

Franck Arnold

Reviewed 6 October 2016

We are at the restaurant mid week and were able to get a table with no difficulty. We each had caprese (lobster, mozzarella, tomato and tomato gazpacho), filet mignon (served with wilted spinach, pine nuts and sultanas; market veg and roast potatoes on the side) and chocolate mousse. We had some beer and wine too.
The foot was delicious and beautifully presented.
The staff were very knowledgable about the menu and the wine - offering advice on the wine, the tasting menu, etc. They were very attentive too and friendly.
The restaurant itself is lovely - well-spaced allowing a degree of privacy, different designs on plates, gorgeous lights.
Our total bill was around $350, and was delivered with home made limoncello and biscotti.

1  Thank Beatties75
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I ate there twice for pre-theatre menu. Th eporion was just right and good value for the food and service. I would definitely be coming bcak.

1  Thank SanstarWin