“Great Buffet Breakfast”
Review of Toca

Toca
Reserve with OpenTable
Toca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 9,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: St. Andrew (King) Subway station
Description: TOCA Restaurant offers handcrafted Italian cuisine complemented by seasonal flavours and locally-sourced produce. Located in the heart of Toronto, Canada's Performing Arts & Theatre District, TOCA Restaurant occupies the mezzanine level of The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto. TOCA Restaurant is proud to collaborate with Chef Oliver Glowig, one of Rome's most celebrated culinary leaders.
Reviewed April 3, 2017

I celebrated my birthday here and it was fantastic. We had the private dining room adjacent to buffet. There were so many options for food and there was a omelette station. My guests enjoyed the meal and the ambience.

Date of visit: May 2016
4  Thank Quills G

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Food: Delicious
Wine: Delicious
Service: Impeccable and Personal
Ambiance: Romantic

My boyfriend and I were staying at the Ritz Carlton for 1 night to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. For dinner, my boyfriend made reservations to TOCA. From the very beginning of our experience right to the very end, TOCA took care of us. The hostess was inviting and warm, our waitress was knowledgable and attentive, and the manager was charming and friendly. They truly went above and beyond for us to celebrate an important and (now) memorable milestone.

We approached the hostess stand, and our hostess asked if we were celebrating anything in particular to which we responded we were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. She congratulated us and brought us to our table. She sat us at a booth where we shortly met our waitress who congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary. She brought us complementary Prosecco which was such a surprise and a delight! It really set the mood for the rest of the night. Our dinner was perfectly cooked and delicious. I had the Lobster Caprese Salad to start and Michael had the Butternut Squash Soup, followed by the Branzino for myself and Michael had steak.

At the beginning of our meal, Michael and I had asked our waitress about the glass room right beside our table. She informed us it was a Cheese Cave. Michael and I were intrigued. We both love charcuterie and we both love CHEESE! At the end of our meal, the manager came and introduced himself. He congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary then took us on a tour of the Cheese Cave. It was very educational and impressive!

As we were exiting the Cheese Cave, the manager turned to us and said, "If you would follow me, I'd like to take you back into the kitchen". I was perplexed. I thought maybe there was another tour of some sort in the kitchen. As we walked into the kitchen, we were introduced to the head chef and the line cooks, which we've never experienced before. We then turned the corner and there was a table sprinkled with rose petals and candles. Michael and I were both surprised! We were guided to the decorated table with a small cheese board adorned with fruits and french pastries accompanied with ice wine to complete our dessert. We were both speechless as the manager whispered, "Enjoy..." and walked away. It was the perfect ending to a perfect dinner.

We want to sincerely thank the staff at TOCA for their professionalism and enthusiasm for making our night so memorable and romantic. We can only gush about the amazing experience we had to our friends and family. We highly recommend TOCA to everyone celebrating a milestone in their lives. We are ever so grateful for the experience. Thank you again.

Date of visit: December 2016
4  Thank Sandy D
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Went to have dinner amongst friends for a birthday. The food was good but what made it even better is the service, the staff was truly amazing. Thank you!!

I enjoyed the food and service, and I love Italian food. However, because it is a restaurant at the Ritz Carlton, I was expecting something a bit more high end. But regardless, everything was great. The chef was very attentive. I also had guest with special dietary restriction and the chef made sure their demands was met. Plus, the birthday cake was free.

Thank you to all the staff at Toca. Will definitely be back again. Highly recommend for birthday party!

3  Thank rizil2016
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Toca is the perfect restaurant on your way to a Leafs game! Located only about 8 blocks from Arena, we had an awesome meal of house baked fresh bread, house salads, swordfish, branzino, grilled vegetables! Service was awesome and are time at Toca was special!

5  Thank FrankFern
Reviewed March 14, 2017

I was at the TOCA for Sunday brunch. This was a good experience. The food quality as good, included were a number of drinks, service was excellent. Ambiance was nice, perhaps a bit more light would have been better. The only complaint was that for the price point the selection should have been more extensive. Carvery was weak, the hot items were not very exciting. But overall it was good.

The restaurant is not very large and the tables are a bit too close to each other. So when the lady at the next table accidentally swiped at her glass the mimosa flew all the way to my table and the chair. Good thing there was nobody sitting at that location otherwise the person would have been doused in alcohol.

3  Thank rsk2956