“Great Food, Missing Small Details.”
Review of Boehmer

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Queen St. West
Transit: Ossington 63 bus to Argyle St - walk just South on Ossington to 93. Queen Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk North on Ossington to 93. Dundas Streetcar to Ossington Ave walk South on Ossington to 93.
Description: Located in downtown Toronto on popular dining and culture destination Ossington Avenue, Boehmer is an exciting place to be. We bring local food, chefs and artists to the table in a modern & comfortable setting. For groups of 10 and over please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed March 24, 2018

There are so many restaurants that serve great food. I think the difference between making a dinner extra special is the attention paid to customers by management and staff.
The dinner was really great on all accounts and we will definitely return because of that. However there were a few irritating glitches; our server never gave her name, my drink came in a dirty glass (was returned and replaced), this should never have been allowed. We were celebrating a birthday and made server aware of that, unfortunately it was never acknowledged by the establishment. Would not have hurt them to make my friend feel special on her special day. I also noticed that portions were quite inconsistent. Same dish brought out 3 times and all very different. Unfortunately mine was a fraction of someone else’s, this makes no sense with such a huge discrepancy. Almost seemed like they just were running out and decided to downsize. The restaurant is very cool, beautiful and airy. The kitchen isi spot on with food quality. Just a few little misses would have made it really much more special. Also Bang Bang ice cream is directly next door for a great dessert.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

You know when you have a feeling that a place works naturally? This is the feeling I had on this place last night. The host was polite and efficient. The bar crew was nice and helpful. It was possible to see the Chef hardly working at the kitchen and it was a beautiful team work. Everyone seems to know their own rule and everyone works hard and silently. And the food... astonishing. One of the best pastas of my life (lobster and shrimp pasta - the sauce: shower of flavors).
I wholly recommend this place. I tried to talk to the Chef when I was leaving but he had already gone. I wished I could congratulate him for the beautiful job his clients can watch when we are there.

1  Thank Juliana V
Reviewed January 26, 2018

You have to try the lobster mac and cheese if you go here. I loved the oysters too, but this was my favourite dish. Excellent service in a very nicely designed restaurant. Zak and Vero took terrific care of our party, and I really appreciated the chef coming out to say hello. We went early - around fiveish, so getting a seat was not an issue mid week, but it filled up fairly quickly so I would recommend a reservation from my experience.

Gordon A, General Manager at Boehmer, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Hi,

Thanks very much for the compliments. We love hearing about our team members taking great care of people and appreciate the kudos. We hope you'll join us again soon

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I ate here with a customer of mine and we had the calamari and also the venison for starters, both were delicious. We also had the Lamb racks as our main course which was really good. The bartender was very friendly and he made sure that we always had water and the atmosphere in the restaurant was great overall. Will surely visit again.

Gordon A, General Manager at Boehmer, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with and and we greatly appreciate the kind words. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed November 15, 2017

I love this place, and try to visit every time I'm in Toronto. I've only ever had excellent experiences with the food start to finish, as well as the service. It's also a great place to just sit at the bar and have drinks.

Our visit was on a Tuesday when they had buck-a-shuck oysters, cheap lobsters (I think it was about $20, don't remember exactly), and half price wine. YES PLEASE to all. The oysters were actually nicely shucked, not haphazard empty-of-seawater-and-love that you often get for much more money. The lobster was perfectly cooked. My friend's foie gras was spectacular. See you next time, Boehmer.

Hi Jahesh,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed everything and appreciate the compliments. We hope to see you again soon