“Very enjoyable lunch”

JOEY Don Mills
Ranked #560 of 9,692 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: The Shops at Don Mills are Toronto's first outdoor lifestyle shopping mall. It's also home to Toronto's first JOEY. Big open dining room and lounge. One very popular place to be. Please note, we do not accept patio reservations on the website.
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

My out of town friend suggested Joey for lunch, and we went to Don Mills because of the location and lots of parking. First visit for me. I like the way the restaurant was set up, very open and relaxed atmosphere. The first thing I notice was that all the staff members were cheerful and smiling. We got extra lucky, and was served by Meagan. She was very friendly and efficient. Her special quality was that she seemed to like what she was doing and made us feel very welcome. Quite rare these days. My friend visited Joey in Vancouver before and did the ordering; Pressed Salmon Sushi, Lettuce Wrap and Fish Taco. The Salmon Sushi was very good, but I was slightly disappointed It wasn't a wow. The other two dishes were quite good, but they were a little heavy for lunch for me. But I blame my friend for his choice. It was a very enjoyable dining experience.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Don Mills, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback and let us know how we did! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Meagan! Please feel free to reach out to me at ccollens@joeyrestaurants.com if you would like to connect as I would love to hear more about what we can do to make your next experience better.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

We have eaten at Joey Restaurant at Don Mills lots of times and continue to love the food and service at this location. The cuisine is creative and delicious and is served by professional and attentive staff. Some of the dishes we enjoyed were the Japanese Gyoza, the Chili Chicken and the Osaka Style Pressed Salmon Sushi. We especially enjoyed the Osaka Style Pressed Salmon Sushi as this was a new addition to their menu and it is a winning dish. All of these dishes were not only fresh, but they were creatively presented and delicious. Dina G.’s, attentive service and helpful suggestions helped to make our dining experience an enjoyable one. From the food to the staff this is one restaurant that continues to provide great quality food and great service. We look forward to our visit.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Don Mills, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Hi Joyce,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we, and more specifically, Dina is doing! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Dina and the team to let them know what a great job they are doing. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Lots of great lunch options at Joey. Absolutely love the Ahi Tuna Salad. Very flavourful, has a nice crunch, fresh ingredients and good portion of seared tuna. Fun atmosphere as well.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Don Mills, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for submitting this review! I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and what we can do to make it even better on your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me at ccollens@joeyrestaurants.com if you would like to connect.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

General Manager } JOEY Don Mills

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I've been here a few times with friends and the food is decent, prices mid-range. We sat on the patio this time. Service was ok, however portions were smaller than expected and not enough to satisfy.
Also be weary of the time you sit on the patio as the sun can be glaring in your eyes.

Hi,

Thank you for submitting this review. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and what we can do to make it great on your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me at ccollens@joeyrestaurants.com if you would like to connect. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

There were 6 of us and my wife wanted to try it and I have been a couple times before. We all liked it. Service was a little slow but the food was great. They could do a better job cleaning. I would recommend this location and I will be going back. I would have gave them a 3 out of 5 but the food was really good

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Don Mills, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for submitting this review. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience as I am always looking for ways to improve. You can reach me at ccollens@joeyrestaurants.com if you would like to connect. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.