“It's back with the original family”

Pancer's Original Deli
Ranked #533 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: Pancer's Original Deli is a full-service traditional delicatessen. Serving corned beef, pastrami, baby beef, roast beef, smoked turkey and other deli favorites for almost 60 years. Other deli favorites include latkas, knishes, cabbage rolls, matzoh ball soup and cabbage borscht soup. Family owned and operated, come on in and be part of the family.On-Line ordering available thru our website.
Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

The grandchildren of the people who started the restaurant in 1957 have taken back control.
It is freshly painted but it's nothing special to look at. The location is in a strip mall on Bathurst north of 401.
The service was slow and that strange combination of gruff and friendly that is common in delis.
The coffee was good and plentiful. My omlette was average and (by 3pm) they had no home fries. The French fries seemed to be from the deep freeze.
My wife said her blitz was one of the best ever, slightly crunchy in places, and it came with generous amounts of both fruit and sour cream.

Mpancer , Owner at Pancer's Original Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Stan Pancer was my father so I know what you mean by 'gruff''. It was my dad's style. We are striving to bring back the quality food our customers have come to expect. Please if there are ever any issues with food or service let us know. On the service front we are installing a new tablet based POS system to improve service speed and accuracy hopefully by end of May. This will also tie in to a new online ordering and delivery service.

Thank you again and see you at the deli.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I would like to start off by saying that I grew up in Montreal and frequent NYC, tasting the best deli in the world. I went to Pancer's today after the press coverage and re-opening by the Pancer family. The service was terrible and it took about 15 minutes just to get water or soda and have our order taken. To add insult to injury, it took another 45 minutes just to get a corned beef sandwich which wasn't even flavorful and very small. Way better off at Yitz's on Eglinton or Centre Street. Don't get fooled, this isn't the Pancer's of old.

1  Thank melech99

We are terribly sorry for your bad experience. The hype, news media etc. was overwhelming and so our staff was overwhelmed as well. It was the perfect storm, new staff, new equipment, new procedures and more business than could be handled. We hope you will give us another try. If you do it would be an honor if you would ask to speak to the manager on duty (likely Lorne Pancer) and tell him of your experience. We strive to improve and your feedback means everything.

Reviewed 30 January 2015

sorry to see it go but Pancer's Deli in Vaughan is alive and well.

For the best corned beef , pastrami, roast beef, smoked meat. Home made soups and latkas.

For all your catering needs, platters, take out by the pound, dine in, come to Pancer's Deli in Vaughan.
9960 Dufferin Street. S. W. Corner of Dufferin and Major Macenzie. in the LCBO plaza.

Reviewed 27 December 2014

I was at Pancer's Deli on October 11, 2014, to pick up take out deli. I asked for meat to be cut with a little fat on it as it taste better with the fat on it. The person behind the counter started to slice the meat with so much fat on it, I spoke up and told him that this was discusting meat. The manager or owner said to me if I want fat on the meat I should have of requested it to be lean with a little fat and then proceeded to tell me that there are other deli's in the city that I should have gone to. My answer to him was that unfortunately Wolf's deli was closed. I have never had a bad piece of deli meat from Wolf's deli located on Sheppard West of Bathurst Street. I have heard that Pancer's was sold again. I guess the former owner could not take the heat of being in business as his manager quite due to him being an idiot!!!!!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with the prior owners. They closed Jan. 2015. I am the original owners (Stan) son and have reopened the deli in March. All the old recipes and original suppliers are back. The ownership is all Pancers and we are pouring our hearts and souls into the business. We hope you get a chance to try us again.

Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

So I heard Moe Pancers Deli had gotten new ownership and wanted to see what all the hype was about. Went back after not going for sometime and was happy to see the old staff back as well as the service and the pastrami was as good as when I had it as a kid.
Still the best deli in the city.

Well if u haven't heard, the original Pancers are back in control. If you loved it then, we hope you will love it even more now. Please drop back in and say hello..Lorne Pancer will likely be at the meat slicer.