“WHAT A SPECIAL PLACE!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Buffalo
“WHAT A SPECIAL PLACE!”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Old Mill Inn through a Wag Jag promotion. We booked with the intention of x-country skiing, and snow-shoeing. The winter that wasn't ...NO SNOW! So, we took advantage of other Toronto attractions....with the EXTREMELY HELPFUL advice, and suggestions from the folks at your front desk. Not only was the staff at the Old Mill Inn wonderful, but also the suite was beautiful, the food at the Home Smith Bar, and the breakfast delicious.
Thank you! We will return.
Ellen
Buffalo, NY

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear EllenBuffalo G,

Thank you for visiting us from Buffalo during the "winter that wasn't" and for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We certainly had an unusually mild winter! The Toronto Adventure voucher that was included in your package has been validated for the coming kayak and canoe season. Hopefully you and your husband will have the opportunity to visit us again this summer and make good use of the voucher whilst enjoying the relaxation and serenity of the Humber River.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Ottawa
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My mother and I stayed at The Old Mill Inn & Spa on the weekend of her birthday (March 31, 2012.) The suite was immaculate and regal. Diana at the Spa was brilliantly talented and it was obvious how much she enjoyed her work and working at The Old Mill. We attended a gala in the Brûlée rooms on the Saturday evening and the staff all went above and beyond to make the occasion run smoothly and to make guests feel welcomed and appreciated.

The only wrinkle in an otherwise flawless experience was the 'added charge' for wireless access. I wrote about that on my comment card and within a week's time, I received an email from the hotel manager assuring me that they would be including wireless, as a complimentary service, beginning this spring.

Now...how's THAT for impeccable service?! Visit The Old Mill Inn & Spa and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LeanneCOttawa
OldMillToronto, Manager at Old Mill Toronto, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear LeanneCOttawa,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your family for your mother's birthday in March. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to send in your review to Trip Advisor.

As noted we are now including complimentary WIFI service in our guest bedrooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back for future family milestones!

Peterborough
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My fiance and I stayed here through a WagJag Deal that included the "Romance Package". We got upgraded to a beautiful suite and enjoyed the wine and chocolate in the jacuzzi. Everything was very clean and well decorated. I loved the high ceilings. The "continental" breakfast was the best I've ever had! And the staff was very friendly and helpful. A wonderful taste of luxury for a great price! I hope they offer more WagJag deals in the future!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear J S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your "Romantic Getaway" here at
The Old Mill Inn & Spa. We have become famous for our romantic packages and for providing a haven of relaxation of for the 'staycation' travelers.

We are currently featuring another package through Jaunt that promotes summer activities while enjoying the luxuries of The Old Mill.

We hope that you will book with us again as look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

fantastic location! Wonderful service! Great food! Not a single complaint or a thing I would change!

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a suite. Very pretty.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear loveroftravel,

Thank you for booking your reservation with us for your quick little getaway! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with your room and upgrade.

we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future as we are just a "jaunt" away!

Konigswinter, Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We spent a week at this wonderful place and really appreciated the kindness of the team at Old Mill Inn & Spa. Nice and comfortable room, excellent restaurant, great breakfast. Quiet and located at the green belt of the Humber River but nevertheless central and with good connection to the subway towards downtown Toronto.
A place we will for sure choose again when we return to Toronto.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Norbert S,

What a pleasure it is to hear a great review from an international traveler! Thank you for taking the time to write in your comments on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with many more visitors from around the world.

We would be honoured to have you visit us again upon coming to Toronto as your choice "home away from home".

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Spent the day at the old mill inn spa today thanks to the hubby's very thoughtful valentines day gift. And this place is wonderful - sure the services aren't cheap but you get what you pay for and I got a piece of heaven today! Started with a marvelous massage by the seriously talented Belinda moved to a souffle wrap with Ivette - this was my first wrap and Trust me wraps are worth their hype. Left with baby smooth skin. Moved to a manicure also by Ivette and finished with a glam pedi and a facial with Latoya. Probably not a treatment to be done on a regular basis but at the very least the facial, massage, and wrap is to be tried here!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear deepika_ganeshan,

THANK YOU for your most outstanding review of our Spa services The Old Mill Inn & Spa!
Every girl needs a little spoiling now and again to rejuvenate their minds and bodies and by the sounds of it our therapists did just that.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your services and hope that you and your husband will have an opportunity to visit us again and enjoy an overnight getaway together.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I originally did not want to post this review, as I thought it would be best to email my concerns directly to The Old Mill Inn to resolve. However after having not received a response from them, it is clear their customer service is just as poor as their inn. I went to Old Mill recently for a little getaway, and I must say I was less than pleased with the visit. Having traveled to many local and international spa resorts and inns (locally including Ste. Annes, Whiteoaks, etc), I was expecting The Old Mill Inn to be just as great. However, I was in for a surprise! First off, the dining room AND spa were completely booked the day of our visit, so we had to eat elsewhere on Bloor (which in the long run was probably best seeing as how horrible their breakfast was).

Secondly, while the room was nice, the view onto the TTV and a littered ‘park’ was not impressive. It is rather disgusting to look at, and the curtains don’t close all the way so you are woken up with the sun in your eyes and a less-than-ideal view. When we went to shower, we noticed that there was no soap in the room but rather an empty wrapper that someone forgot to replace. I kept thinking – if they forgot to replace this, who knows what else housekeeping forgot to replace.

When we went to have breakfast in the morning, the bowls for the cereal were dirty (I had to skip through 3 dirty bowls before I found a clean one, where at that point I had lost my appetite for the cereal). It bowls look like they had caked on food that did not come off in the dishwater. The fruit salad had one fruit in it, and it was not topped off at any point during our breakfast (we were these mid-way through breakfast hours, so there is no excuse for running out). My party ordered eggs off the A La Carte menu, only to find they were not cooked properly. We requested ketchup, only to receive a watered down version of it which did not taste right. We ended up leaving the restaurant and eating at a café on Bloor Street, which was quite a shame as breakfast was to be included in the package we booked.

Overall, the poor service and inability to maintain a clean environment for guests has left a sour taste in my mouth. I would recommend avoiding this place and spending your money somewhere worthwhile like Ste. Annes.

Room Tip: Ask for a view that does not back into the TTC
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank WanderlustBeauty
Dear SpaaGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience with us. We have made numerous attempts to contact you with regards to your visit, as we would like to be given the opportunity to address your concerns directly.

We have not heard back from you. We are reaching out again in an effort to be able to renew your faith in us.

Please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to speak with you personally.
I look forward to hearing from you.