“Best food...lousy service”

Ranked #80 of 122 Bakeries in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East York
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I've visited La Cigogne plenty of times. Food is consistently perfect. Service is consistently slow. I suppose I should only visit when I have more than an hour for a cup of tea and croissant.

There are newer reviews for Patisserie La Cigogne

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I wanted to share how we have been dropping in at La Cigogne before long Friday trips to cottage country. Rather than lose time stopping for greasy fast food dinners on the trip north, I have ordered take out sandwiches we consume in the car. And la Cigogne makes some excellent classic sandwiches, for example 'La Parisienne', with ham, cheese on a very fresh baguette. Together with an orangina, it makes the bumper to bumper traffic almost bearable. It's a very good little patisserie!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Desserts are amazing! Very pricey but worth it once and a while. You need to try the prince noir if your a chocolate lover...simply the best out there. Lunch is ok...baguettes with cold cuts or they do have amazing quiche.

1  Thank superwell
Reviewed 13 April 2016

We needed a birthday cake for a friend and bought a St. Eve cake. It is a confection consisting of crusty almond sponge and roasted hazelnut butter cream, with a layer of dark chocolate inside. To say it was superb is almost an understatement. I primarily go to La Cigogne for coffee and a piece of pastry, but to get a full appreciation of its excellence you have to buy one of the cakes.

1  Thank operalover939
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

My favourite stomping ground. Always consistent, great service from all. Worth a visit, will not disappoint. Jenn is awesome!