“Delightful deserts”

Ranked #80 of 122 Bakeries in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: East York
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We went for deserts Saturday, early afternoon. Quite delicious artful creations, lovely presentation, each of us 4 bought a different one and shared. Would go back today, and tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after....

There are newer reviews for Patisserie La Cigogne

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Been to this local spot over the years and am flabbergasted why they don't improve their table service. I know that people mostly order at the counter, but if you have table service available then do it properly. On public holidays they also restrict the choices, because maybe their kitchen can't handle it!! Not the way to optimize your business. Great croque Madame, lousy coffee, lousy service...shame.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I went for a breakfast here after previously walking in the rain in the park. I ordered a pastry and a drink and ate it there. After I was finished, I went to the register to order more pastries to go.

The server was very rude and disrespectful. I did say "excuse me" to get her attention but at some point she was upset and said that she heard me and she only had two ears to listen and she was talking to her colleague. She even tried to say that it is common sense to not talking to her when she was still talking to other. I tried to explain that I was not aware that she heard me and the second time I said "excuse me" was when I thought she had finished talking to her colleague.

I always like the pastries and I do not mind waiting. I went here from time to time and had never had this kind of service. So disappointed..

Reviewed 29 September 2016

On the Danforth ,now having to compete with a Starbucks on the other corner maybe not so busy as it was .Friendly staff who are efficient .The cheese and ham crossiant is very tasty.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Such a cute little patisserie located in a busy lively neighborhood. I immediately loved the interior decor and the vibe emanating from this place. 'old is gold' couldn't have been more appropriate to describe the overall setting. La Cigogne offers a wide variety of pastries and cold sandwiches as well as quiches, along coffee/tea and cold beverages. I ordered the baguette with brie, apple and cucumber which was perfect and drank some coffee while gazing at the passerby. The terrace reminded me of the cafe trottoire concept in Paris. Shame that it was too hot to sit outside. I would recommend to anyone to try this place for lunch or for some cake and tea/coffee. You will not regret it. Trust me.
Very much recommended