“family dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Upscale casual, downtown Toronto. The first JOEY to hit the streets of downtown Toronto. Located just off Yonge on Dundas, this place is a work of art - exposed brick walls, open-air dining, crazy custom lighting and the Enomatic wine system. We could go on, but you should come and see it for yourself.
Reviewed July 15, 2015

Had steak frites. Cooked perfectly. All the food we ordered was delicious. The apple pie was very good. Pastry was fantastic.

Reviewed July 6, 2015

We go here all the time and service is inconsistent. Sometimes it's poor and sometimes it's adequate. One time we were completely ignored by our waiter for 20 minutes while he was chatting up a newbie on staff. I had to flag down the manager to for service and she scolded the waiter for not looking after his own table! The food is amazing! We always order Tuna tacos, salads (except for the first one on the menu - the gluten free one is very bad!) and burgers! The yam fries are the best I've ever tasted and the apple pie dessert is amazing. We go to Joey's pretty often when we get a chance for lunch and dinner!

Reviewed July 5, 2015

The ambience at Joeys is great for a business lunch, I have had lots of these at Joeys. The service is very good from friendly staff. Food is nice, not super for the price. Drinks are OK, although they practise the modern policy of allowing good quality (and expensive) red wine by the glass, to sit overnight. As we all know, red wine loses a lot if you open it the day before. If it is cheap red then you don't care. When you are paying premium prices, you expect a premium product. If you push it with the statf, they will open a fresh bottle of the more expensive "by the glass" reds - shame you have to make a scene to get what you are paying for.

Reviewed July 5, 2015 via mobile

We stopped at Joey's for drinks and appetizers last night with friends. The service was wonderful and our apps were delicious. Top that off with seats that open to the bustle of the downtown core, good background music that allowed us to chat and never being rushed.

Will definitely return for a full meal. If the appetizers are a good indication of the main course, I have no doubt it will be enjoyable.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I have been to this location a few times, think 3 times already this year, twice for business and once with family.

On my last visit they lost my reservation but made up for it quickly, getting us a booth within 10 minutes. The staff is always friendly, looking to chat and recommend dishes. I was a little sad they removed edamame from the appetizers list..but what can you do. We ordered calamari, flat breads for apps. For mains we had the butter chicken, hand pressed burger, seared tuna salad, paella and the salmon. All the dishes were great as usual.

I would definitely recommend this place for a friday or saturday night out