“Fathers Day Treat(s)”

Tasty Tours
Ranked #8 of 51 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Award-winning food and chocolate tours and home of the Toffle™ - treat yourself to our Kensington Market Sweet & Savoury Food Tour or Toronto's Ultimate Chocolate Tour. All tours feature behind the scenes experiences, tidbits of history and lots of delicious food, including an exclusive Toronto Truffle aka Toffle™, a decadent cross between a maple butter tart and a chocolate truffle. Plus, our complimentary neighbourhood guide and food concierge service will help you make the most of Toronto. Besides our regular public tours, we organize private tours of all kinds, including sweet & savoury options! Perfect for your birthday, bachelorette party, corporate outing or even marriage proposals. Our goal is to create a sweet & lasting memory for you and your loved ones.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had such a great time on our Father's Day Tasty Tour. Audrey, our guide, was very imformative and I learned lots of new things. I also loved seeing and area of Toronto (Kensington Market) that I had never seen before, even though I have lived in Toronto for 40+ years. It was really great sharing the experience with some actual tourists as well. A great experience all around.

TastyTours, Owner at Tasty Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

I am very happy to hear your family enjoyed our tour, and that you got to experience a new part of Toronto! For me, the most important thing is that I could help you create a great memory of this Father's Day to cherish in the future. So thank you for letting me know that I've done my job right!
-Audrey

Reviewed 16 June 2012

For a person with a penchant for sweet stuff, this was the tour for me. Sampled many tasty treats around Kensington Market. The portion of the samples are just right. I liked the fact that it wasn't a busy day at Kensington Market and the store owners/tenders were pretty much free to mingle with us and to introduce us to their goods. Audrey the guide came well prepared with short insightful histories of the various kinds of sweets we sampled. Some of the stores would not have caught my eye other than through this tour.

Highly recommend this tour if you're looking for an opportunity to explore Kensington Market and the diversity of its shops!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our group went on a private tour of tasty treats around the various shops in Kensington Market, the tour was well planned and extremely informative, and we learned a neat amount of trivia behind the history and stories of the treats we were tasting. We were introduced to a diverse range of desserts from cultures all over the world, from chocolates to pastries to home-made sweets. A great way to explore the many cultures in cosmopolitan Toronto and a great experience of what Kensington Market has to offer! One of the best walking tours I have ever experienced for this city.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My cousin and I took our mothers on the tour for an extra sweet mother's day treat. We loved how the history of sugar and chocolate were incorporated along with the story and fun facts about the origins of each treat. The tour was made extra special for the mothers by providing them with full size cupcakes (vs. the minis) and an extra dessert at the end along with a chocolate rose to ensure they felt special!
The tour was well paced and easy to follow despite the Saturday afternoon Kensington crowds.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

The tour was a nice way to eat our way around Kensington Market and see a glimpse of Chinatown. We enjoyed the sites we visited, the information Audrey shared, and the tour members themselves. It was a lovely day, and that always adds to the experience. I'd recommend a Kensington Market walking tour. I went to a Greenwich Village walking tour and we stopped at a lot of bakeries and restaurants, seeing the unique ones, and getting the real estate lo-down. But that tour was different from this one, which met our expectations.

1  Thank AtlCanTraveller