“Modern clean, but cold and noisy”

Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer
Ranked #10 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I had a room at the back of the hotel on level 5. Unfortunately the heater did not work properly which is a problem in winter in Toronto! Both mornings I was woken at 4am my garbage being collecte from behind the hotel. If you're a light sleeper then request a high floor and ideally at he back of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank AussieBlazers
DinoGurusamy, Director of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by surrounding noise during your stay. We work closely with all of our neighbours to try to minimize any disturbances. Please contact me directly the next time you are in Toronto and I will personally take care of your reservation and ensure you have great stay.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer

Reviewed 16 February 2012

its rare you go to a hotel and everything works perfectly and the staff are terrific. The rooms are big and well equipped, the internet works, and the included breakfast is great.

I often refer to my stays at Le Germain as flawless.

Room Tip: Great place to arrange breakfast meetings.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I work for SAY: Media, a digital media company and travel 30-35 weeks/year so I have seen my fair share of boutique hotels in Canada & the US, and none compare to the quality of Le Germain on Mercer St. in Toronto. The vibe of the lobby is perfect for relaxing & getting some work done by the fire, the rooms are spacious, beautiful and i always sleep well there, the food is excellent, the location is killer - near all tourist attractions in Toronto and nestled into the theatre district, so near great shopping, amazing restaurants, TIFF etc etc. But the real reason that I stay at this hotel is the service. These folks are highly trained and really care. The staff are kind and respectful and it just sets the bar for how lovely a hotel can be. its in the details & this hotel has it.

Room Tip: i like all the rooms. (and have stayed in most of them)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Rooms are cool modern spaces, glass, concrete, blonde wood, marble. Glass walled, high tech shower, marble floor tiles and counters. Neat ambient lighting, Window wall view of CN tower with its nightly light show. Blond wood desk and closets. Welcome tray of fruit and bon-bons.

The concierge was lovely and pleasant, arranged for the hotel car to take us to a restaurant on a bitterly cold night and also researched a few things for us.

The 24-hour coffee lounge is very attractive, and has the added benefit of a view of the Rogers Center outside jumbotron, so you can catch a Leafs game out the window while sipping your espresso. European-style breakfast buffet served in this area is also very good.

Room Tip: I would ask for a high floor. We liked the CN tower view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The staff at Hotel Le Germain was extremely accommodating, allowing both an early check-in as well as a late check-out! Everyone I interacted with was extremely welcoming, courteous, and genuinely kind. I very much enjoyed my stay and will certainly be staying at Le Germain exclusively whenever I am in Toronto. I loved the bed and the bathroom was luxurious! Perfect!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My sister and I stayed here in June 2011 while attending an event at the convention centre. I had to talk her into putting out the extra money to stay here as we were offered a good deal at the Sheraton. We stayed for two nights and it was so worth it. To begin with we arrived at 8am hoping to just be able to drop off our bags as we didn't want to leave them in the car. After a quick check the front desk informed us that there would be no problem checking in at that time and going straight to our room. Fantastic!! The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the convention centre so we were able to come back to the hotel to relax and freshen up in during breaks in the event we were attending so that was very convenient. The room was great. Very spacious and tastefully decorated in a modern trendy way. The staff we encountered throughout the day were all pleasant, accommodating and professional. Not super friendly but not stuffy either. We really enjoyed and took full advantage of the lounge and cappuccino machine. I have to agree with other reviewers on the noise from the bar across the street. It was really loud and did interrupt our sleep which is probably why we enjoyed that cappuccino machine so much:) All in all would stay here again if I needed to be in this area of Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gibsonsmolly
DinoGurusamy, Director of Operations at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Mercer, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Guest,

We are always grateful to receive reviews and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. The lounge is a wonderful area to relax and we are glad that you enjoyed it along with other aspects of your stay. We hope to see you back at the hotel enjoying a cappuccino in our lobby!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Beautiful property, great customer service, very conveniently located. I just spent 2 nights in Toronto for a business trip and have to say that I'm super impressed! From the doorman to the reception desk staff to the bartenders to the waitstaff at breakfast, everybody was always super helpful and pleasant!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank malatestiano

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will make sure to pass on your comments to all our staff. Look forward to welcoming you back.