Being retired, I travel 5 months a year, so I seek out sensible places of character, in central locations. And B&B's like Pimblett's are perfect for getting local and current insight so wasted tourist-time is minimised
Geoffrey Pimblett is the perfect and genial host, surrounded by his vast collection of "treasures". The individual rooms take advantage of this and are themed (great fun) Mine came with a ghost, but she probably only called when I was out being a tourist, in this city where I first worked in 1964 as a student
A big secret is that Albert Pimblett is in fact the dog called Bertie
The House is surrounded by public transport, going in all directions, and in the week that I was there I did 27 journeys topped up by taxis
The pricing is very attractive, and includes a great breakfast (in fact I was also invited for dinner one evening)
And yes, the property has a Vicar : his day job is at the Mission for Seamen at lakeside, and the guests all provide a rich source of information about places to see and eat
This amazing dwelling served my every need for accommodation in Toronto, being so centrally located, and brilliantly priced.
And so much FUN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Englishman's home where guest are welcome. Affordable downtown Toronto location. Parking available, fully cooked breakfast. Queen rooms, king beds, one room with a jacuzzi. Close to shops, restaurants, bars and all Toronto Downtown sites. Special tourist accommodation and business guests welcome. Wireless internet and internet desk provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pimblett's Downtown Toronto B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pimblett`s Downtown Toronto Hotel Toronto
- Pimblett`s Downtown Toronto Bed And Breakfast
- Pimblett's Downtown Toronto B&B Ontario