“Bad timing”

Pimblett's Downtown Toronto B&B
Ranked #50 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I was excited to stay at an interesting looking, cheaper, B & B instead of a chain hotel when I stayed in Toronto for a week recently. While the wild decor and ambiance was everything I hoped for, I was disappointed overall. There was no apparent "common room", I had to be up early every morning for training and never had breakfast there (it's only served from 9-11); not even a banana, coffee or pastry was offered before then. I found the owner, other than his accent, didn't match my hopeful vision of a chatty, welcoming Brit. I found him cold, in fact. He did warn me about the dog he was training, but the "gifts" the dog left behind created nasty smelly landmines. Oh, and the wifi worked in only one part of the room. Never again.

Room Tip: not recommended if you have to rise early.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynda M

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

A quaint period house close to all public transport. Our room was small and decorated with the owner's collectables but was comfortable. Quiet location even tho in Downtown area. Breakfast was plentiful and shared with other guests which made for interesting conversation. Owner is very friendly and chatty.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016

If you've got allergies, asthma or can't stand cats and dogs, do not go there ! Thousands of objects are standing around the place, it's very dusty and in the room is no more space for your luggage...

Room Tip: no room is recommandable
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SonjaGottlebe2014
Reviewed 3 December 2015

Unfortunately this place does deserve a low rating-a very low rating-for a number of reasons. The place initially seems to be very interesting-full of antiques and curios-but then you realize that the place is basically a total 'petri dish' of bacteria. I developed a serious cough when I stayed there for several nights which I think was the direct result of being exposed to a sea of bacteria-which was intern the direct result of the owner having a house full of antiques and curios-like an old saddle for riding horses that was in a hallway between where I slept (not) and where a truly enormous bathtub/jacuzzi was. I ended up at this place to get out of what was perhaps the worst Motel I've ever spent any time in-in my entire life-the nearby "Royal Oak Motel"-but going to this B & B was like going from the frying pan into the fire. The man in charge seemed to be quite old so I opted not to have breakfast there.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

The place is a HOUSE not a Hotel. Big diffrence and the owner of the place is the most unfriendly person in toronto. The place is too small and the stairs are narrow so dont have high hopes on getting your luggage up easily . The neighbourhood is not safe at all, located on the worst part of gerrard street, the breakfast is even worse and the owners dog took a dump in the House sevral times it was disgusting. I stayed in other places in toronto which is way better for the same price .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mohab A
Reviewed 6 August 2015

It's a cute place to stay and in "our library room" we felt like in a museum :-) Geoffrey was really a nice host and he was so kind to help us with our missed and lost luggage. The typical English breakfast was also great. Ham and eggs are as well offered as fruits. We really enjoyed our stay at "Pimbletts B&B" Thank you Geoffrey and thank you John for the nice breakfast and the conversation every morning!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2015

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and it was a very clean and nice hotel. It was within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. Would definitely recommend this B&B! Pricing was good as well.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple