All reviewsbed and breakfasthuge jacuzzieach morningother guestspleasant staygeoffreydowntowndustcanadafurnishings
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Forget whatever you think a city centre bed and breakfast should be like as Pimblett's won't be like anywhere else you have stayed, but that is exactly why we loved it!
The building creaks, there is not enough room to properly unpack, the furnishings are old and you are on edge that you will break an ornament all the time, but boy, is it packed full of quirky character! Just looking at the teapot collection alone could keep you busy for a day, and that is before the UK royalty memorabilia, books and other 'objects'.
When we first arrived I thought, oh no, what have we come to? But we soon settled in and went with the flow of the place. I could understand that somebody with a hatred of clutter would be put off, but it really does feel like you are visiting somebody's house (In this case, your aged grandparents!). OK there is a bit of dust amongst the ornaments and the carpets and curtains are a bit frayed, but this is certainly not a conventional 'anywhere' B and B or motel. If you want that, go elsewhere.
We slept very well and the home cooked breakfasts are more than enough to set you up for a day in downtown Toronto. Geoffrey is a genial host who is just chatty enough, but not so much that you feel overwhelmed. The location is good. Buses and trams to downtown are not far and it is even possible to walk there in about 30 minutes, but there are plenty of bars, shops and restaurants nearby.
I happily recommend Pimblitt's, if only so that you can describe the amazing place to friends and family!

Room Tip: Our room at the back was probably quieter than those facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2017

We had a delightful time at Pimblett's. It was definitely in the tradition of the old world pubs of the UK. If you are looking for modern and elegant, this isn't it. This is cozy, stuffed with kitsch and with a great, hearty Full English breakfast on order. The owner is a retired chef, and it shows in his kitchen. He's chatty, friendly, and has friendly pets to cuddle with.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreenDragon9
Reviewed December 18, 2016

I was excited to stay at an interesting looking, cheaper, B & B instead of a chain hotel when I stayed in Toronto for a week recently. While the wild decor and ambiance was everything I hoped for, I was disappointed overall. There was no apparent "common room", I had to be up early every morning for training and never had breakfast there (it's only served from 9-11); not even a banana, coffee or pastry was offered before then. I found the owner, other than his accent, didn't match my hopeful vision of a chatty, welcoming Brit. I found him cold, in fact. He did warn me about the dog he was training, but the "gifts" the dog left behind created nasty smelly landmines. Oh, and the wifi worked in only one part of the room. Never again.

Room Tip: not recommended if you have to rise early.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lynda M
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

A quaint period house close to all public transport. Our room was small and decorated with the owner's collectables but was comfortable. Quiet location even tho in Downtown area. Breakfast was plentiful and shared with other guests which made for interesting conversation. Owner is very friendly and chatty.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2016

If you've got allergies, asthma or can't stand cats and dogs, do not go there ! Thousands of objects are standing around the place, it's very dusty and in the room is no more space for your luggage...

Room Tip: no room is recommandable
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple