All reviewsbed and breakfasthuge jacuzzieach morningother guestspleasant staygeoffreydowntowndustcanadafurnishings
Reviewed March 24, 2010

If you have any notions of a tidy place to come back to, forget it. You're coming into someone's home who is a character and a half. Geoffrey has become a friend over the years and we enjoy coming back. Things are disorderly, it's true, but that's what I like. The plates are eclectic, things are erratic but organized in their way. We received a fine blessing from The Vicar in the sunroom. If I was a writer, this is where I'd want to stay. Take a chance. Geoffrey's great.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I stayed for a week in August and several days in October -- both were very good experiences. Mr. Pimblett and his staff create a charming, cozy environment and are friendly, capable and helpful. The B&B is decorated in a charming Victorian/Royal theme. There are washrooms, TVs, and thoughtful conveniences in the rooms (some have balconies or separate entrances). I was given keys to the front door and my room so could come and go as I pleased. The breakfasts are amazing and plentiful. There are tables in the kitchen, sun room and patio so lots of choice as to seating. It was lovely to meet friendly people from Italy, Brazil, and the US during breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed both of my stays there!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank HaidaGwaii
Reviewed October 6, 2009

i you're looking for a truly unique, yet super-located facility in which to stay in toronto, we can recommend Pimblett's Downtown B&B as outstanding. Eclectic simply doesn't get it, either as regards the facility, or the host, or the food-preparer. It also applies to your fellow guests.

Should we have the opportunity to return to toronto, there's no doubt as to where we'll stay. It's GREAT!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I highly recommend Albert Pimblett's downtown Bed and Breakfast as it oozes charm and character.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very good value for money. Geoffrey and his 'man servant' aka John (who serves scrumptious breakfasts) make a comic duo and are really the highlight of the b & b. They also have a dog, Brewster, who is only too eager to welcome you to the house!

The location is perfect, being located in Cabbagetown (old area), only a few blocks away from a subway station (10-15mins walk) and Church Street (gay area).

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very sad to leave.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XenaWarriorPrincess
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I was warmly greeted and sincere concern was shown for me and my belongings. After a quick tour and explanations of breakfast time and other amenities, I was turned to come and go as io pleased. Every morning was filled with the lovely aromas of bacon, sausage, eggs and John's (the cook) exquisite pancakes, along with fresh fruit, juice and other delicious items! This is a very convenient and affordable location in the heart of the city with all the feel of visiting a family member's house. Next visit I will bring the wife and book early!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo