All reviews bed and breakfast huge jacuzzi each morning other guests pleasant stay geoffrey downtown dust canada furnishings
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We have stayed with Geoffery a number of times now and found him and his B&B very warm, hospitable and welcoming. While there is a variety of things almost everywhere, from books to teapots to art to antiques, it is all a part of the charm that keeps us going back. We enjoy the neighbourhood partly because the streets, other than Gerrard and Parliament, are nice and quiet and have some great old houses to look at. In addition, there is the House on Parliament, a little pub just around the corner that has incredible waiters and great food, and a yoga studio right across the street. It's within walking distance to downtown and is very close to public transit. We have always enjoyed the breakfasts at Pimblett's both for the quantity and the fact that everything tastes good. They'll even make you kippers if you tell them ahead of time. Sure beats a continental breakfast. We made some use of the free WiFi and had no problems.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2010

After a long flight I was warmly welcomed by Mr. Pimblett himself, who gave me a wonderful room on the third floor called Prince William. I felt immediately very much at home among antiques and the Betty Barkley stile ambiente. In this cosy hotel you are personally included among the guests and the staff, without being forced upon. The hotel is situated in the very center of Toronto, 3 miniues from the next streetcar. I must mention the wonderful English breakfast, which misses nothing and is prepared by Frank. Next to my room was a patio and I could enjoy there the Indian summer with the coloring leaves and the remarkably fresh air which came up from nearby lake Ontario. I truly had a wonderful week there. I come back for sure

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My friends and I have been coming to Pimblett's every year for the Toronto Film Festival. We highly recommend it for its charm, uniqueness, friendliness, hospitality, proximity to the theatres and, of course, it's amazing breakfast which consists of everything under the sun homemade with juice, coffee and as many refills as you would like. Yes, there are lots of knicknacks throughout the house, but it is part of Pimbletts charm. And, if you are lucky, your room will come connected to a patio with tables and chairs for your lounging pleasure. You don't get that option at other hotels at no extra price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This is the fourth year that I have stayed at this B&B while attending the Toronto International Film Festival and I can't imagine staying anyplace else. The service is superb and very friendly, the rooms are clean and delightful and the Inn is a 10-15 minute walk to downtown or a 5 minute walk to either bus or streetcar. Things to be aware of: go luggage-light because there are stairs; don't be afraid of the big dog, he is very friendly; take earplugs if you sleep lightly as the stairs and wooden floors creek. My favorite room is the Agatha Christie Room as I feel that I've stepped into one of the novels -- it is truly delightful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed for two nights at the start of our Toronto visit (the others being at a conference hotel later in the week) and had a pleasant time. The host made us feel very welcome indeed. The decor is not for some, but for others it is a most welcome change from sterile and bland accommodation! Days could have been spent cataloging the teapots alone! Breakfast was hot and tasty and set us up for the day.

For a break with a difference, this has to be it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business