1,079 results
All reviewsmassey hallmartini bareaton centrewasher and dryerfran's restaurantfront deskmichael's hospitalfull kitchened mirvish theatrestove topyonge streetcontinental breakfastvalet parkingthe heart of the citylocation is excellentcn towerpella
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The hotel is central and attached to a 24 hour cafe next door. The room was comfortable though the lighting is poor, much like Paris hotels, making it difficult to read in bed. Room was comfortable and the bed firm. Charged $12.00 a day extra for wifi in the room, but free in the
small lobby. All in all a good value for the money. Of course, anyone coming to Toronto in January should be able to get a good deal.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room off the street. Faced an alley, quiet except for 6:30 a.m. when the garbage trucks appeared.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Fotodaze
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at the Pantages for 3 nights while visiting Toronto on business. The location was excellent, close to a good variety of restaurants and busy shopping areas. I had a Queen Suite (Ambassador Boutique Suite) which was well appointed. The bed was quite comfortable and there were two flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. The furniture in the living area was a little worn/stained and dated, but otherwise the suite was clean and in good condition. The bathroom had a deep tub with a rainshower shower head. Water pressure and temperature were good.
The kitchen is fully equipped and even comes with a dishwasher! This would be a good option for a small family as the sofa folded out to a double bed. The reasonable rate for longer stays would help make this an affordable option.
Breakfast was a little expensive for a basic continental buffet, and given the kitchen facilities one would be better off buying supplies at a local grocery and eating in your room.
Traffic noise was barely noticeable, even with the tram going past often and ambulances arriving at the hospital across the street. All the suites are located on higher floors (10+) so this helps.
The staff were friendly and efficient. Particular kudos to the waitress at the breakfast buffet for her excellent service!
I did not visit the spa.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Travelling_Axe
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at the Pantages Hotel for 2 nights with friends and had an amazing time! It was a unit inside of the Hotel, but privately owned!! Who knew? I ended up paying a fraction of what they rent it for on their sites. I went to www.flipkey.com/toronto-condo-rentals/p262447/ from a link I found on TripAdvisor. Saved a ton, and it had everything including a kitchen, washer/dryer, dishwasher - the mix. Will definitely rent again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Located at the heart of Toronto right next to Eaton Center. Everything is almost from walking distance and 10-15 minute walk from the ACC. When we first got there the hotel is very chic for the upscale for young couples and the business class. The receptionist were nice and our room was fabulous. Very romantic and the interior design was modern. The washrooms were clean and the room was very spacious. The only problem is the parking was very confusing and you have to pay additional everything. Like the parking, the wifi and the food is very expensive for what they give you is somewhat small and mediocre. Your basically paying the presentation of the food. Overall the place was great.

Room Tip: Get the higher rooms it's more quieter Bring extra cash if your a shopper. Great store around
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravellerFeet
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I cannot believe my experience here. I had to actually write to the general manager as his staff were incompetent, insulting and extremely condescending. Here's a story for you:

I booked a boutique suite through Travel Sensations valued at $309.00 for 4 guests. I have documentation for this reservation. Upon arrival, I was asked to sign some waivers and was informed that my reservation was correct for the amount and for 4 guests. The woman pointed out that any additional guest(s) will have an extra charge of $50/person. I explained to her that my reservations include the 4 guests so there should not be any additional costs. She clarified it for the second time that the reservation was for 4 guests.

Next morning, at the time of checkout I spoke to a gentleman named Ibrahim who surprised me with an amount of $409.00 for the rate of the room. He told me that I was being charged for the extra 2 guests. Astonished, I questioned this charge and all he said was, “You signed the papers”. Even after presenting my reservation documents from Travel Sensations he continued to say that I had signed the papers without providing any explanation. At this point, I asked to speak to the manager. Ibrahim notified me that “Tom” was manager on duty but was unavailable as he stepped out. Furthermore to my disappointment, he was unable to tell me when Tom will be back to assist me. I asked Ibrahim to contact me when Tom immediately comes back as I am not authorizing this payment until it is settled in fairness.

While waiting for Tom's call, I decided to go back after two hours. To my surprise he was back at reception. After explaining the whole matter to him including the provided documents from Travel Sensations, all he told me was “Is this your Signature?” “Well, you signed the papers,” and “How much more clarification do you need?” I not only felt baffled but also belittled as his tone and language was extremely condescending and inappropriate towards any client for that matter. In addition, he stated “Personally, if it was me I would have read the papers more thoroughly”. After feeling insulted, I asked for his manager’s number and was presented with the General Manager's contact.

After three days I finally got in contact with the General Manager (Mark) who reviewed the case. All he replied to me was "I have enclosed the adjustment to your credit card and apologize for not making this correction during your check in."

I am still extremely disappointed with Pantages Hotel as it's not the $100.00 I was concerned about but rather the customer service. The staff here are disrespectful, condescending and extremely rude. Avoid this Hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Do not book any rooms in this hotel. Save the hassle and book elsewhere. The worst customer service ever
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends