“Great boutique hotel in an amazing location!”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #55 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I was travelling to Toronto on business and stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is in a great location, right across the street from Eaton Centre and was a 20-30 minute walk to our Toronto office location on the grounds of the University of Toronto. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette, which is great when you want to reheat leftovers or keep things in the fridge. The room was even equipped with a washer/dryer! Bed was comfortable. I found it quite funny that the hotel was so modern, but the room had an old school TV as opposed to a flat screen. It was clean, but the hallway walls and doors were a little beat up and could probably use some maintenance. Free wifi was available in the lobby, but was an additional cost if you wanted it in your room. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any travellers staying in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jen1805
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel as this helps us improve our future guest’s experiences. I am happy to report that Pantages is currently replacing all of our Televisions with beautiful LG Flat Screen Televisions, which will be completed in September 2012. We are pleased you found the kitchen facility was equipped and room was designed to your liking. The Pantages Team look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I have stayed and reviewed the Pantages before but this review will be for the event we had this past weekend.
My husband and I wanted to host a special 'out of towners' dinner for our sons wedding. We had 55 people for dinner in one of the event rooms on the third floor. The room was next to the kitchen, had easy access to washrooms, and floor to ceiling windows overlooking Massey Hall. I initially was concerned there was another event the same night on the same floor. Even though that event was larger than ours, we never heard or even saw anyone else in the hallways or anywhere else.
From beginning to end, it was a pleasure to work with Yvette, the events coordinator. The menu choices were terrific. We had several special meals due to allergies and diets and every one was catered. Every detail was planned. The serving staff were professional, Yvette was on site for our event as well as the catering manager. I was introduced to the chef before the event. The food was unbelievable. Everyone raved about it. From the seared tuna to the melt in your mouth beef, everything was perfect. Food was served hot. The chef deserves huge praise. I could not have imagined a more perfect evening and I am a pretty tough customer. I would highly recommend the Pantages for planning a special event, it was so easy and the event went off without a single hitch and at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anmejoshme
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your recent event at the Pantages Hotel. We take pride in providing our guests with excellent service and our staff were thrilled that your event was a success on every level.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

The location cannot be beat on this hotel, especially if you want to go to Eaton Centre which is across the street. We were upgraded to a suite which a separate sitting room and bedroom and couldn"t have been happier! The hotel has a cool, urban modern vibe when you enter the lobby. That continues in the rooms. Ours had nice laminate floors (great for an allergy sufferer) nice comfy furniture and large flat panel tvs for us to watch Olympic coverage on! The bathroom was nice as well with a huge shower and stylish look. The continental breakfast was great. It is served in the martini bar which had a nice atmosphere and there was a very friendly server who chatted with us. It was basically toasts, bagels yoguts and cereals but the presentation was nice...cloth napkins goblets for the O.J. and gourmet breads making it feel upscale. I would not hesitate to stay again!

1  Thank Jenny L
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel, Toronto. We value each and every guest interaction and comment, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while in Toronto. We are pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and enjoyed watching the Olympics on our new flat screen Televisions we are installing.

Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our opportunities to better serve our guests. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

if you want a hotel that is in the heart of the city, you cannot go wrong with this one, the Eaton centre is literally steps away, & our suite had chic room decor and furniture, with floor-to-ceiling windows that had great views of Dundas square. Beds were sumptious. Excellent service too, from all staff, no request was too big or too small. Breakfast was the usual fare but in funky surroundings & any hotel that boasts its own Matini Bar gets my vote.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DussyWright
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We avey happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Yankees won and so did Pantages Hotel. It's actually more economical than I thought to come to Toronto to see the Yankees then it is traveling into the Bronx. The Blue Jays are a great tradition for me. We used to be home to their AAA afiliate, the Sky Chiefs. So there is a place in my heart for them still.
All that aside, the Pantages is gorgeous. Friendly staff, nice confines, and their proximity to everything is unmatched. The grand EATON CENTER, which is a super commercial center is a mere 20 second walk from the Pantages. Dundas Square is just steps away and the Rogers Center, home to the Blue Jays, a mere 20 minute hike. All in all, a wonderful weekend trip to see two teams who are indearing to me.
Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made it our stay a great one.

2  Thank Linda h

Thank you for kind comments on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering service and makong our guest feel welcome. The Pantages team looks forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I love the Tigers but I wanted to see the Bluejays kick some Yankee butt. They didn't quite do what I thought but that's cool I still enjoyed my splendid weekend in Toronto. I tried the Pantages this time. I found a great rate and it served me well!! The room and view were exquisite, service was grand and location can't be beat! It's a little different from what I would usually stay in, but I felt like my husband and I could use a little pampering to go along with baseball.

3  Thank DWings84

Thank you for recently staying with us at the Pantages Hotel, Toronto. We value each and every guest interaction, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while in Toronto on business or pleasure.
We are committed to continuous improvement and delivering the best experience possible and your comments assist us in these efforts.
Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Pantages and I let me say I am very impressed. I felt like a queen. There was a gentleman at the front desk whose name I wish I would remember, he was absolutely amazing and was very helpful. He was readily available to answer questions, provide suggestions, help and assist in above and beyond measures, point us in the right direction…etc. He never said no, no matter what our request/questions were. It is employees like him that keeps me going back to the Pantages. The hotel is very lucky to have him as a front desk agent.

My room was big and spacious and valet provided prompt service and very detailed directions when I needed them. Pantages your staff ROCKS!!!! Your hotels are simply THE BEST!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 14th are amazing