1,084 results
All reviews massey hall martini bar eaton centre washer and dryer fran's restaurant front desk michael's hospital full kitchen ed mirvish theatre stove top yonge street continental breakfast valet parking the heart of the city location is excellent cn tower pella
Reviewed October 1, 2015

This was my first trip to Toronto for the JFL42 and the Pantages was the perfect hotel for my stay. First, everyone at the hotel were friendly, courteous, and helped me navigate everywhere I needed to go. And that extends to the ladies that kept my room in order and the janitorial staff throughout the hotel. The hotel was at the Yonge-Dundas center, next to the main shopping center. Most of the shows I attended were at the Sony Center, which was only a fifteen minute walk. Of course, you could take the Queen station subway just around the block to the King station to get there as well. The room was clean with hardwood floors and a full kitchenette. They provide a robe and slippers, but the floors were never cold and I didn't need them. The washer and dryer came in handy as I alternated using the hotel gym and the Good Life Fitness center a few blocks down. I highly recommend the Good Life center as they have a courteous staff and some great group classes. Go online and take advantage of the $14 two week trial. The deluxe room I had was not a huge room, but certainly enough space for two people. If you plan to cook, check the cabinets for a whatever cooking and eating utensils you might need. The hotel guide does say to contact the service desk if there is anything that you need. And they get whatever you need to you quickly. My room was on the 12th floor just down from the elevators, but I didn't have any noise issues from either the outside or other guests. It is downtown, so you will probably hear the occasional siren. I do not recall being awakened by anything. The front desk staff helped me understand how the subway system and streetcars operated. I did get a Presto card for the subway, but know that it doesn't work at all the stations. If you're not taking the train from the airport to downtown Toronto, you're better off getting a standard subway card. You'll know if the Presto card will work if there is a gate entrance with a green light that you tap the Presto card, not swipe. I did try room service from the Stages restaurant. The food arrived promptly and hot. It was beautifully arranged on the plate, but the taste was nothing to be excited about. the steak was ok. There were four thin asparagus sticks and a few halved tiny baby potatoes. Not what I expected for the price. And if you want some wings, go around the corner to the Popeye's on Yonge and get some there. Most of the restaurants around the hotel (The Senator and the food court at Yonge-Dundas square) were good. The day before I was scheduled to leave, the young lady at the front desk made arrangements to get me to the airport and scheduled a wake up call. If you need to get to and from the hotel from the airport or schedule a tour, check with Roy@kingtours.ca. He's just a great guy with a great sense of humor. After getting through customs, I discovered I left my jacket in the car. Roy offered to bring it back to the airport at no cost, but I was about to board. So he got my jacket back to the Pantages and the staff there took care of having it shipped to my home. Just fantastic service from everyone associated with this hotel. There are some homeless people in the downtown area, but I was never harassed by anyone and felt completely safe walking everywhere downtown at all hours. The next time I come back to Toronto, I will stay here again!

Room Tip: I requested higher floors to avoid the noise from the street traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Emmanuel S, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2015

Dear Lenstoner,

We are thrilled to hear that you found the Pantages Hotel Toronto clean and comfortable and our team here friendly and helpful! We do have a prime downtown location close to many local restaurants as well as walking distance to nearby theatres and attractions. Stages Toronto situated in our lobby is a great place to have Happy hour drinks and even order room service from. We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable and memorable experience for all our guests and I hope you left feeling this way. We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our Pantages Hotel. We look forward to having you with us again as our guest!

Emmanuel Sibal
Pantages Hotel Toronto

Reviewed September 28, 2015

My family stayed at the Pantages Hotel in Toronto, and when we first walked in, we thought the hotel looked very nice. Our room however appeared like a cheap and unfinished renovation, and two doors down was a strange man that always slept with the door wide open (it was very creepy). He looked like he lived there, and when I would walk through the halls I would hear rearlly strange TV shows playing from his room. He seemed to have a shrine of some sort setup in there. My largest complaint is the continental breakfast. The breakfast itself was completely unattended and without any signs displayed, so I put a few items on a plate to bring up to my wife, and I was stopped at the elevator and asked my room number, as taking the food upstairs wasn't permitted. When I returned my plate, I was told my room was already charged for the breakfast. I asked for a copy of the bill and saw that the breakfast I took (that showed no price on the bar... maybe a muffin and a yogurt) costed me $17.91. The best part was that the attendant, that wasn't even present, gave themselves a 15% gratuity when ringing the bill for my room number! I'm not sure why they thought they deserved that at all. $17 dollars is a lot to pay for a cold breakfast especially when Frans is right next door. I highly recommend you not even bother with any food from the hotel. Valet service was good, and Ricky was my favourite, but to pay $40 dollars a night for parking on top of staying at the hotel seems way too excessive. I don't recommend this hotel, based on the price, the lack of staff present when you need them (always in the back room), and the bad experience I had with the breakfast (and involuntary tip).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank HonestReviewsByO
Emmanuel S, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear HonestReviewsByO,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Pantages Hotel. We sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not up to the standard we strive to provide all of our guests, and this is not the norm for stays at our hotel. In regards to the condition of the rooms, we are now completing some light renovations to address these issues. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Regarding your concern about one of our guests, we want to ensure you that the safety of our guests remains a top priority at our hotel. As a team, we take the necessary steps and precautions to ensure that our guests feel safe and welcome when they stay at our property. As for your concern with breakfast and staff, this is something I will address with our leadership and management team to ensure the necessary steps are taken to correct these issues.

We hope to have the chance and the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so that you may regain your confidence in our Pantages Hotel.

Emmanuel Sibal

Reviewed September 23, 2015

Stayed Sept 22 2015 after attending the Blue Jays game. We were automatically upgraded to a suite and the staff were professional and extremely courteous. Would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 520pleased
Catherine T, Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear 520pleased,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and give us your positive feedback of our Pantages Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We will let our team know they made a positive impression on you.
We hope to have the chance on welcoming you back again soon! Go Jays go!

Reviewed September 22, 2015

I stayed at this hotel for two nights when I had a job assignment. very friendly staff, the rooms a huge and really neat. I spent some time in a nearby mall, it's only a couple of blocks from this hotel. My stay there was good, I was very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael D,

Thank you for your positive feedback and review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for mentioning our great location, friendly staff, and our spacious and comfortable rooms. We hope to welcome you back again at our Pantages Hotel.

Reviewed September 21, 2015

Horrible condition, not as shown. Rooms smelt like smoke, stained carpets, lifted and moldy wood laminate floor, beat up side tables, washroom baseboards and light switches were layered with sticky dust. Absolutely not worth the money.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank CWthatsMe

Dear Carrie W,

Thank you for taking the time to review and give us your feedback of our Pantages Hotel. I sincerely apologize that your experience at our hotel was not up to the high standards we strive to offer all our guests. I have sent your review and comments to our housekeeping and maintenance team to address the issues you mentioned.
Thank you for bringing this important issue to our attention. We hope to welcome you back again so that you may regain your confidence in our Pantages Hotel.