“Great little Niche hotel”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #56 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Great Hotel, great location, walking distance to the CBD, also busy part of town so there are plenty of cabs. Rooms are fantastic, we stayed in a unit with a separate bedroom/bathroom, very new and clean. Gym is fantastic, however you are not able to use the spa/whirlpool without paying a fee of $15 everytime, which is a rip-off.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brendonlord
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

dear brendon lord

thank you very much for your feedback, i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you soon, should your travels call for a trip back to Toronto.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed at the Pantages for 2 nights for a work conference Thursday/Friday night. The location was perfect, walking distance to the Eatons Centre and Yonge/Dundas Square. The rooms were nice, modern and clean. Hardwood flooring throughout. Room was facing Massey Hall entrance. Quite Noisey at night after a concert finished. Bands packing up until 3 or 4 am with large trucks and equipment. Had some problems with hot water in the shower but we just had to run the water for like 10-15 mins before the hot water worked. Hotel staff was called and someone came up right away to help but they were unable to fix it. he jsut told us to run the water.

Nice stay but if I had to pay for the hotel myself I don't think I would have felt it to be valuable and worth the money. Quite expensive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank turkeyshore

dear turkeyshore

I appreciate your comments about your recent two night stay at the Pantages Hotel Toronto. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our large rooms. Our location, as you mentioned is unmatched in Toronto, given our proximity to the theatres and shopping.

Once again, thank you for sharing your input. I hope to see you return soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2011

This is the third time that my wife and I have stayed at the Pantages Suites Hotel and we trul enjoy our stay. Whenever we book a theatre or musical show at the Canon Theatre or Massey Hall which are less than a one minute walk, we usually book through TRAVELZOO for a great deal. With FRAN's right in tesame building, you do not need to go out of the hotel if you choose. Rooms are clean and modern and sleep is very quiet.
Right across the street from the Eaton Centre.
Valet parking is fast and easy but at $34 bucks + taxes not cheap.
TIP: There is a new parking lot at teh hospital which opened up which may be a less expensive option for parking which we will try next time that we go.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

dear barb steve

Thank you for sharing your positive experience while at the Pantages Hotel Toronto. As you note we are blessed with a great location, near the theatres and Eaton Center.

I hope to see you return in the near future

Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed for one night in November and found the Pantages to be very clean, modern and conviniently located. The valet parking and check in is quick and efficient. Some of the flooring in our room was damaged, but did not negatively impact our stay. If your eyesight is poor be advised the lobby and hallways are very dark.
If you are going for a show at the canon or massey hall (or really like frans diner) this is a great option to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear mb1980

Thank you for taking time the time to share your experiences with trip advisor about your stay.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return visit during your next trip to Toronto!

mark schwass

Reviewed 3 January 2011

The service here was terrible, especially the manager of the "in house department" who gave me the run around for 2 days on our booking before finally saying the room was unavailable unless we paid an exhorbitant rate. He screamed of attitude and was so terrible he should be fired.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank yourpookie
Reviewed 29 November 2010

A nice, chic, very MODERN hotel in the heart of downtown- Yonge and Dundas, steps away from the Eaton Centre. Its pretty small, I'm used to walking into large lobbys and this one struck me as pretty tight. The hotel bar/lounge was very busy and happening on a Saturday night and seemed like a hot spot. The rooms were nice, I noticed some of the art on the walls (mounted on wood-not framed) were tearing at the corners, which I thought looked a bit cheap.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

Dear tdot_to_van0924

thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel and Spa. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay. I did note your comments with respect to the art work in the room, we are currently underway with installation of new art work in all of our rooms.

I appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 26 November 2010

The Pantages in conveniently located in downtown Toronto. It's hip but not snotty, and clean and comfortable, making it a top choice. Most (maybe all?) rooms have a washer/dryer unit and a full kitchen, which makes one's stay even more comfortable.

There's a nice martini bar in the lobby and Fran's, a 24 hour diner is next door. Perfect!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Dear tobeginwith:

thank you for your feedback and commentary. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to having you return during your next trip to Toronto.

Have a great day