“Love he food, hate the line up...”
Review of Grand Electric

Grand Electric
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Electric is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #386 of 10,033 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been to Grand Electric twice. The first time, I waited in line for 2-hours, after being told it would only be one hour. Once we were finally seated, the food came out rather quickly and it was fantastic. I've been there twice and we have probably tried most things on the menu. Everything was amazing. The guacamole is fantastic. The icing on the cake for me was the key lime pie dessert - delicious! I last visited Grand Electric in the summer and would love to go back. I'm just not willing to wait in the cold.

Date of visit: July 2012

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I went here on a Monday night on a whim, having heard how good it is. There was about an hour's wait when we go there, so we headed across the street to the Rhino for a couple of drinks while we waited. The GE is small so I imagine that this is pretty typical. With 350+ beers available, the Rhino is a great spot to wait.
We were sat at the bar and each ordered drinks and a round of tacos right away. We split the 6 that were on the menu and ended up ordering seconds of our favorites. Each was delicious in its own way, but the baha fish and scrapple tacos were to die for. My girlfriends' ketchup chip rimmed Casear was also incredible. On top of the great service and hot, fresh served food, the ambience was great and the music was incredible. Cannot WAIT to go back.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Grand Electric was Awesome!

Food was very good, very cool atmosphere and all for a reasonable price, I would highly recommend this spot.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

As my mother, girlfriend and I lined up in front of GE, my social anxiety was confirmed. Im not hip enough to eat here..I knew the ladies in my life felt the same way as we all stood, wide eyed and slightly intimidated amongst the tapestry of perfumed have me nots and horn rimmed suave-o's with deck shoes and sleeve tattoos.. Finally, doors open and the place immediately fills up with drinks and conversation. We were led to the patio, past the wonderful little bbq set up and figured, from the line of weary, yet cheery looking bar patrons, that GE is a young chefs hangout...Immediately we were told that we could be sharing our picnic bench with another "table" so be warned! try to go with five or six folks and wait for a table to be yours.

upon recommendation, my partner ordered the Bourbonade (Bourbon/lemonade 10$) and I a Caesar (10$), and can say they were both very very good.

These were followed by the ceviche, fish tacos, short ribs and guacamole.... aaaaaandddddd...No Plates! be warned....

The Ceviche was the best I've ever had..Quite delicious, the rest...Amazing, but pushing it with the price ... once we were done, our plates were quickly taken by the busser, and no offer for another drink came to us and our empty cups....we paid our courteous staff only to see them perch and tap feet by the bar to cue us our exit.... A common problem with spots that are hot...They just want you to GTFO.. Reflecting by the streetcar stop after we left, the memory of the great food was replaced with the rule that anywhere that dinners going to cost $80 for three, the hospitality shouldn't leave with the empty plates....

Date of visit: September 2012
2  Thank GastroCastro
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The wait was almost one hour! They were very accommodating with finding us a seat in the heated indoor area! However the food was bit very good. Not a huge selection and as a vegetarian I wouldn't say there were many options! I actually asked the server at one point if he could bring me more of the Baja fish on its own and would pay the same price... He replied,"I could try, but I don't want to make them mad" like give me a break! Give me a fried piece of fish, won't hurt anyone! I highly recommend trying playa cabana! More selection and very accommodating on terms of food preferences! Also grand electric had NO tequila selection! I always love a good marguerita! And was very disappointed. Did the trick but didn't taste all that great... Over all experience.....meh!!!!

1  Thank IshiINtheCITY