“Kamayan Sunday Dinmer”

Cuisines: Asian, Philippine, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Between Markham St. and Bathurst St.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Filipino food with a fusion twist. Even the desserts were more flavourful and sophisticated than you would typically get at other Filipino dining establishments. The novelty of eating off banana leaves with our hands was fun. The range of flavours was divine and in some cases an explosion in my mouth. My only caveat was the musty basement hallway to the washrooms. Otherwise an enjoyable dinner and evening.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We selected this place for dinner because it was in the area and the menu seemed interesting for our first exposure to Filipino cooking.

We were welcomed and seated promptly at our reservation time. The host told us that it was "Filipino Fine Dining" and that had been there doing Filipino food with global influences for 5 years. He mentioned that 5 years meant they must be doing something right. After the meal we heartily agreed with that statement.

We started with the Lumpia, and followed with the Beef Caldareta, Broccolini, and the Garlic Rice. We finished with the Halo Halo.

Everything tasted wonderful. It was plenty of food for the two of us and we even had a little left over to take to family member.

We did not feel that the price was out of line for the food and the service that we received. It was far less expensive that many pretentious restaurants that offer lower quality food and nowhere hear the ambiance of this place.

Give it a try. (but be sure to make a reservation)

Reviewed 4 August 2017

It was my first time coming here and the restaurant is quite nice. I love the artwork on the walls. We ordered the lamesa salad, the zucchini and mushroom appetizer, the daily special, which happened to be milk fish that day. Then we ordered a side of garlic fried rice, and for dessert, we had the ube leche flan!

I was kind of disappointed with the lamesa salad. It was definitely a sweet appetizer. It only came with 2 pieces of tofu, but the tofu tasted very soft and sweet to me, which I'm unsure about. The wildfire lettuce was quite good though.

We didn't really like the mushroom appetizer because it tasted very much like vinegar. It tasted better with the garlic fried rice, but we wouldn't order that again. The garlic fried rice was delicious though. The zucchini appetizer was okay, but not amazing. There needed to be more zucchini or less of the sauce on the plate.

The milk fish was good, but I don't think it needed to be chopped up into so many tiny pieces. If the pieces were bigger, I think one would have a better experience with the taste and texture of the fish.

Our favourite part of the meal was the dessert. We really enjoyed the purple yam custard, and we were glad that it didn't taste entirely like purple yam. It's also vegan friendly, so that's a plus.

I think it was generally overpriced, but we would probably come back for dessert.

The service was also very good.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with this Filipino restaurant. Had Lechon, trout Laing, humba and tuna kinilaw... so delicious. I didn't expect it to be that good. Will surely and highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The food was excellent in taste and preparation, but pricey for the simple ingredients involved. Every dish was interesting and flavourful, with good pace from the kitchen. Service was friendly with knowledgeable servers. Bench style tables had rock hard wood plank seating, not very comfy. Great experience, but for comparison DaiLo offers better dining experience at comparable price.