“It was Good”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Since 1940, Fran's has been a family-owned and operated Toronto institution known for its home-style cooking and warm, welcoming atmosphere. Fran's is known for several comfort classics, including deep-fried pickles, homemade burgers, milkshakes and made-to-order steaks. Most notably, Fran's is famous for the Banquet Burger, which founder Fran Deck invented in 1940. Other diner classics that remain a comfort food tradition include Fran's famous chilli, award-winning rice pudding and homemade apple pie! Welcome home to Fran's!
Reviewed September 9, 2018

It was just a typical Diner type of restaurant. The food was good and I did not have any complaints.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

My first visit to the famous Fran's and I was not disappointed.
Build your own omelette, fruit bowl, pancakes and coffee were great! Reasonable prices and our server was super! We really felt like she was there for us. Wish I remembered her name.
We will be back!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Fran's has a wide menu selection, from breakfast plates to half rotisserie chicken dinners to steaks... there is something for everyone! During our week long stay in Toronto, we ate at Fran's for many breakfast and had a couple suppers there too. The staff was super friendly and delivery of food was quick! While just a tad on the high price mark for a diner, there was no complaints to quality and service so it will be a must on future visits to Toronto!

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been going here since we were dating (30 years ago). On a recent visit back to Toronto, we took our teenage kids here for lunch. They loved it, as did we! Still great quality, good value, and awesome service.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Great place for a diner-style brunch at a v reasonable price. It’s pretty low key & I don’t think you’d call the decor or finishing particularly high standard. But the food is tasty, the portions generous & the waitress we had was super lovely. I’m sure there are healthy options on the menu (if you’re after a kale & quinoa salad this is the wrong place) but it would be a shame not to just go with the spirit of the place & order a mountain of bacon, eggs, home fries & pancakes!