Review Highlights
Mémorable Experience

Our party of 7 celebrated a friend’s birthday. I started getting quotes a few months before, and... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2021
MomAndHer3Kids
Toronto, Canada
Fun Tour

My son and I took this tour. It was terrific! Humour, history, food and beer...what more could you... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2019
Rh_bow
Bowmanville, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I would like to start by saying I am not a beer drinker. I might have had 2 beers in my life, but I am married to a beer lover. After this tour I have a new appreciation and acquired taste for beer.

After arranging this tour as a surprise for my husband and brother I was excited to see if it was all the website and reviews cracked it up to be. It was. From the start to the end of the day it was a joy to taste, learn about the history, and meet some wonderful people along the way. The tour itself consisted of the following:

Steam Whistle - awesome tour, very informative, tons of samples, great lunch!

Visit to Fort York - slightly deserted from a tourism perspective, but non the less informative to hear the rundown on the history of brewing in TO. I would likely cut the tour time down on this by 15 minutes and add that extra time to the Distillery District.

Brewing Academy - 3 samples, learned how to look, smell, taste and explain beer to others. I learned that I like blonde ales. Who knew this non beer drinker could even like beer let along say which one.

Mill Street - Tons of samples (and shot), awesome area to tour in the Distillery. Wish we had a bit more time there.

Amsterdam Brewery - Bring on the samples (try 6), by this point too tipsy to know the difference between beers. Super fun environment, great to hang out with the whole group.

Dinner - we didn't partake in this part. But I will say the bus ride back to Steam Whistle was so funny.

By far we all thought the coolest part of the day was our tour guide, Oliver. I will never forget him singing his amazing tenor opera voice on the bus. He was so knowledgable, friendly, and accommodating. Really appreciate the hard work he puts in, plus the overall quality of this well put together tours.

Great job!

Date of experience: April 2014
4  Thank Karen B
Oliver D, Owner at Beer Lovers' Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks so much for your kind (and detailed!) review. Anyone reading it will get a great idea of the highlights on the tour. That you are not a beer drinker and still had a good time is wonderful. I actually agree with you regarding more time at the Distillery District. My biggest challenge with the Old Toronto Beer Tour is trying to fit in everything I think people might be interested in. Toronto has so much to offer the visitor and local alike. As for 'stretching the pipes' on the tour, well, suffice it to say that I am easily pursuaded. Where there is beer, a song is never far away!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

One word.... AMAZING!!

Worth every penny my friends!. Purchased for my husband's birthday. This was by far the most perfect gift I have ever got him. He loved it! And believe me when I say there was no shortage of beer on this tour! I highly recommend the dinner add on.

Date of experience: April 2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I can't say enough about how great this experience was.
We went for a friend's bachelor party and weren't sure what to expect. But this tour exceeded our expectations to say the least.
From the beginning, you're greeted by the friendly host and the people at the Steam Whistle brewery for an awesome tour of the brewery. From there is a perfect mix of different kind of beer tour experiences and you do NOT at any point get the feeling of "been there done that."
I can't say enough positive comments about the beer tour hosts. Oliver and his tour guide partner engage you with how passionate they are about beer, the history of beer, the brew process, and of course the flavour of it! They are also incredibly knowledgable and continually interact with the patrons on the tour sharing their knowledge, experiences, and stories.
This tour really has a great, warm atmosphere from the get-go and and you get the feeling you're hanging out with a bunch of friends all day. The tour appeals to ANY event you may have because the tour has this uncanny ability to appeal to a wide spectrum of tour goers. On our trip there were examples of a birthday celebration, a bachelor party, and a day out just for the experience and the day went at a pace and had something that worked well for each person in the tour group.
And of course there's no shortage of beer!
For the bachelor party, it was a perfect way to spend the day-portion of the party
I can go on and on because I can't say enough about this great experience!

Date of experience: March 2014
2  Thank Bo V
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Bought this for the boys while the girls went to the spa for the day. So I didn't go myself but...the guys loved it!!! SOS much so that my husband want me to ask Oliver about the Mexico Beer Tour :-)

1  Thank Keeda
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just went on Oliver's tour yesterday with a friend. We had a blast! This is a wonderful way to see a super interesting side of Toronto's history brought to life, a journey that is punctuated with visits to Toronto's best breweries. Oliver is a very knowledgable guide who makes the trip relaxing, funny, but very informative. What a good day!

Date of experience: November 2013