“Amazing mix of history, city tour and beer”

Beer Lovers' Tour Company
Ranked #12 of 63 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating a passion for beer, food and travel, The Old Toronto Beer Tour explores the culture and history of Toronto against the backdrop of our rich brewing heritage both past and present. The Old Toronto Beer Tour is an all-day experience and includes tours and tastings at 4 breweries--Steam Whistle, Amsterdam Brewery, Izumi Sake Brewery and Mill Street Brewery -- a charcuterie lunch, transportation, sightseeing including entrance to Fort York and a walking tour of the Distillery District. Our tours are professionally guided by fun and knowledgeable brewery experts. We also offer a shorter walking tour of the Distillery District, called the Toronto Beer & Chocolate Tour. Now announcing our newest tour, the Toronto Rail & Ale Tour, running Sundays from 1 to 6.
Reviewed August 8, 2016

"blast"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Date of experience: August 2016
Oliver D, Owner at Beer Lovers' Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Oliver is a great, friendly, erudite beer-loving guy. We had a great time and learned a great deal about how beer has been woven into the fabric of our culture and society.
Thanks for the good times.

Date of experience: August 2016
Oliver D, Owner at Beer Lovers' Tour Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Thank you for such an awesome review! No one has ever called me erudite before.
Great to show you around and share my take on TO.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

A group of us went to celebrate some 60th birthdays by doing the Beer Lover's Tour. Our guide, Oliver, really made the day fun and interesting. He was exceptionally knowledgeable about history and beer and was so fascinating to listen to! He even serenaded us with his operatic voice. I would highly recommend this tour!!

Date of experience: July 2016

Thank you for taking time to review your Old Toronto Beer Tour experience. It was a wonderful day I was delighted to be a part of. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 20, 2016

My husband and I took the Ale and Rail tour with Niall as our guide and it's been the highlight of our trip. We were initially concerned we would be late for the tour due to a prior commitment, but Oliver (tour company owner) was very helpful in making sure we felt comfortable being a little late if needed. We ended up being right on time so we were able to get the maximum fun out of our tour. And by "maximum" I mean "the most beer."

Niall was a fantastic tour guide, partially because he's a fantastic person. He's very warm and personable and about halfway through the tour I realized I didn't feel like I was on a tour with a company, rather I felt like I was just going to drink beer and go to a museum with friends.

The Rail and Ale tour does a very nice job of mixing beer tasting with some really fascinating information. My only complaint about the tour is that I wish it was longer. It's a great deal, though, and I definitely think it's worth more than they charge.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your Toronto Rail & Ale experience. This is a brand new tour for us and we are naturally anxious for feedback. Your review gives us confidence that we are on the right 'track'. We might be able to make it longer adding an early dinner option at a new craft brewery close by. Stay tuned.

And your praise of Niall echoes my very thoughts. He is excellent and we are lucky to have him on board.

Thank you again for your review!