“SUPERB!!!”
Review of Wine Tours Toronto

Wine Tours Toronto
Ranked #13 of 49 Food & Drink in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine is a journey; a time capsule of summer. Join our tours and taste the summers captured by the unique and eclectic wineries we visit.From Toronto to Niagara Wine Tours. Our wine tours leave from Toronto, Oakville and Burlington. taking you to to the heart of Niagara wine country and back. You will visit quality vintners from the Beamsville bench, Vineland, Lincoln and Jordan, and Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. We have selected from the finest vineyards and wineries to showcase the region’s diversity and to introduce you to the unique quality Niagara wine country has to offer.
Reviewed 15 November 2015

My husband and I really enjoyed this wine experience....I know "nothing" about wine and my husband knows "just a little more" (...even though he wants to think he knows "a lot"...) but, anyway, I knew he is interested in the world of wine...So, I found Wine Tours Toronto and it has been exactly what we were looking for and more. This experience was not only about the wine tasting - we visited 4 fantastic wineries with cheese pairing and lunch at Aure Winery - we had a fantastic host in Dougall who put together a wonderful day while touring these wineries...Excellent!!!

5  Thank Teresa N

Reviewed 15 September 2015

"Wine is bottled poetry." ~Robert Louis Stevenson. And Wine Tours Toronto brought this poetry to us perfectly on the “Award Winning Wine Tour” to the Niagara Escarpment. We visited 4 wineries – each different in appearance, wine varietals and style – together making for a perfect day of wine tasting. We bought wine at each of them, something that we seldom do. We had a superb (included) lunch at Aure Wines. Our guide Dougall was accommodating, knowledgeable and generously shared his knowledge of wine and the region. We will be back to take another tour with Wine Tours Toronto.

2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 9 September 2015

4 of us booked a tour on Sunday and Dougall was our guide and inside scoop-master. I wanted a tour where I didn't have to drive, all the arrangements were made and everything worked like clockwork. Douglas picked us up with coffee and croissants (I didn't event realize that was included ! - thx !) and then he drove while I enjoyed the countryside. I am often the person doing all the arranging, all the driving, mapping, calling....thank YOU Dougall for doing all that for me so I could totally unwind and enjoy the trip. I realized when I got home that I had no track of time and never once looked at my watch. Amazing.

We visited two wineries that we wanted to (Foreign Affair and Colaneri) because we wanted to buy more,and our friends had never been. Dougall suggested two other wineries ("if you like those, you will like these...) and he was right! Leaning Post was fantastic and probably was our favourite as it was the first time there, fantastic wines, and wonderful owners, winemakers and hosts - so authentic ! Loved it. But also Big Head Winery - the blind taste testing was an amazing experience where we learned so much! I love their autumn riesling and they even allowed us to taste their ice wine! who does that as part of their tasting experience! Fantastic.

Douglas knowledge (and inside scoop on who is going where and who worked where etc etc) - impressive and he is down to earth and real. Loved the lunch at Vineland where he made sure we got there on time and went back to pick up our wine purchases while we relaxed on the patio.

Great experience Dougall! Thank you so much. Highly recommended.

1  Thank K Mary R
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Our driver was a brilliant and interesting fellow who knew all about the industry. He had a great sense of humour, was just lovely and was punctual.

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We took a private tour to International Cool Climate Chardonnay with Wine Tours Toronto. The ride down was pleasant; beware to leave at Dougall's suggested time, as leaving later can mean heavy traffic out of the city, we were lucky enough to miss it.
Our first stop was a tour and tasting with food pairing at Malivore. We received a glass of wine as we stepped out of the car! The food pairing was excellent, a variety of cheeses, meats, nuts, fruits and other snacks to pair with a selection of Chardonnays.
Our second stop was Pearl Morissette, a winery I did not even know existed before the tour. The winery ha no signage and all black buildings on th property, I felt as if we were discovering a secret winery. We had a tour and tasting with their sommelier, learned about kvevri, and were able to taste wine straight from the barrel.
The I4C gala was our last stop. We attended a great event, tasted many Chardonnays both local and international, and had an amazing dinner to go with the wine. Transit home (at 12am) was all taken care for by WTT.
I had an enjoyable and carefree day and would recommend tours with Dougall and WTT to anyone interested in exploring the wine region.

2  Thank EllenElisabeth84