“Disappointed would not return”

Rock Lobster Food Co
Ranked #3,490 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Had been there before and enjoyed it but the food is not as good anymore, did not like menu selection. Server was off borderline rude but disinterested and inattentive.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

As a maritime rescue, I am fussy about my lobster. This stuff was the mushy canned type but out here the good stuff is hard to get. My kid however loved his fried chicken on a waffle.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Very cool spot in the Ossington neighbourhood. The lobster rolls are great and you HAVE to try the famous Rock Lobster Cesar.. Sooo goood!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

My husband and I ended up here for a late night snack. He was very excited to try the lobster rolls as he loved eating lobster while traveling to Halifax. This was our first time at this restaurant, and I am uncertain if I would return. The bread had so much butter on it that it was actually difficult to eat. The only thing I could taste in the lobster roll was butter (or oil?) it was that overwhelming. We ended up leaving the lobster sand which all together because it felt like eating a tub of butter. So we moved onto the fries, and they were incredible! Oh those fries, fresh, some crispy, some soft, all perfect. The fries had just the right amount of salt and they truly were delicious. mmmmmmm Im thinking about them right now!! I would return to this place just to eat the fries, I'd probably skip the lobster sandwich though...

Reviewed 1 February 2016

We tried this as a different option. The pork belly was crispy and super sweet but was paired perfectly with brussel sprouts - the bitterness of them made the dish complete (I'm not normally a fan of brussel sprouts). We tried the crab and shrimp jerk - it was tasty, the shrimp over cooked, the crab small and fussy but tasty. There was a really nice butter sauce but no bread provided to lap it up ($5 for bread).
It was an interesting experience. Service was great.