Drake Hotel Toronto
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$324
US$252
US$224
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrash padjonathan leclairecoolest hotelwelcome homethe hotel managerqueen streetno elevatorrooftop barlittle touchesnight liferooms are smallstreetcar stopthe entire staffthird floorhipstercrashpadwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We spent our "second honeymoon" here and were treated like royalty. I was greeted by Jonathan the hotel manager upon our arrival. He was so warm and inviting. He helped my husband navigate through the city traffic to our parking spot. He went above and beyond at every turn. He arranged dinner for us in their dining room which was out of this world! He gave us advice on things to see while in Toronto. He made sure that we were comfortable at every turn. The hotel itself is gorgeous and full of history. The room was perfect from the amazing bed to the fantastic shower and wonderful bath products, we truly felt pampered all stay. Our only regret was not booking a longer trip! We can't wait to go back and we are so thankful that Jonathan was there to make our stay unforgettable!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Rudyhuling
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Just left my third stay at The Drake and this time for a birthday celebration. Jonathan Leclaire and the front desk team (Craig, Pam, Zoey) made me feel like I was coming home. The Drake is a fun hotel, gitchy rooms, well appointed, and plenty-o-fun with mutiple packed bar/ restaurants even in the dead of winter. It is the staff, however, that sets this place apart from any other boutique hotel. Jonathan and his crew made every meal and activity happen that we asked for help with. Far beyond that, they personalized the stay in such a way that they did things to make my days better that I would not even have thought of myself. If you stay, do not hesitate to ask for suggestions and assistance, you will not be disappointed. Important tidbits I learned on the third round: the burger should not be missed, and the sushi is excellent.

Room Tip: If you plan to hang out much in room, upgrade to a den or larger.. crash pads are small but still very well appointed so no worries if you are an out and about individual
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kklowrider
Reviewed 17 January 2012

If you're looking for a relaxing atmosphere, somewhere where you can just relax and catch up with your friends after work or class the drake hotel is the place you're looking for! I went there with my co-workers recently and we sat on the patio with heaters by their gas fire and enjoyed some nice drinks and their AMAZING food. I personally ordered the Nachos with the lobster! They were a little on the expensive side, $25.00 with tax but SO worth it :) I highly recommend the drake hotel and their yummy nachos!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife and I recently spent a night at the Drake Hotel. We had high expectations, and they were more than met. Rooms are really cool, interesting layout and good use of space. Lots of neat little additions - major attention to detail.

We had drinks in the lounge, which was cozy and relaxed. The Hedgehog was a unique cocktail - my wife wrote down the recipe to recreate at home.

We had dinner in the dining room, good atmosphere and generally a good place to hang out. Reasonably priced - scallop dish was great. Steak frites also great, and both were healthy portions.

We ended up heading to bed early and not visiting the music venue downstairs, but couldn't hear a thing in our room, even though we were on the second floor. Bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast the next morning in the cafe was awesome. You don't even need to leave the hotel to be entertained and to dine properly. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin P
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I can not stress how wonderful this Hotel is! The decor : outstanding, The food: out of this world, The drinks: try the Mojitos amazing!, The rooms: clean, gorgeous,wonderfully designed,pure indulgence The service: the best I have ever come across, The entertainment; blows you away
a score of 200%. My whole stay over the New year was a sheer pleasure and joy it felt like being at home but in sheer luxurious style. The staff are a huge part of the experience Jonathan, Greg (pronounced with Scottish accent!) Sonia to name but a few could not have been more helpful and even when I kept them chatting they did not bat an eye lid! the personal touches makes this Hotel standout, it would take far more than the 50 characters allocated to list them all. I would actually go so far to say i would go back to Toronto just so I could stay at the Drake :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends