“This restaurant is just fantastic ”

Pai Northern Thai Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 9,767 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

I really loved this place. The staff is friendly and the overall vibe is awesome. Everyone is really having a great time and you can get it (although I wouldn't go there if I wanted a romantic dinner, as the place is crowded and noisy). The food is spectacular! If you go just try the prawn soup for starter (if you like chilli) and the pad Thai: you won't be disappointed!!! This has been my absolute favourite restaurant in Toronto and would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Michele F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten a lot of Thai food across the globe, and the food here was authentic and delicious. Loved the green curry. Several in our group returned for 2 or 3 visits during a 3 day conference.

1  Thank Vivalarevolucion09
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Second time coming here and not disappointed! We started at the bar with the amazing sangria - the lychee and guava were SO good with the elderflower liqueur. The service was good. And the pad thai with tofu was super tasty! Cocktails are delicious. The Miang Kung was the only thing that wasn't amazing; we had it the first time we ate here and I remember it being better then. Probably won't get it again after this visit. Regardless, this place is great overall and we certainly plan to go back.

1  Thank AlysonH123
Reviewed June 17, 2017

went for a lunch on a Thursday --this place was very busy! I sat at the bar and was given great, friendly service even though I had no alcohol. Decided to try the masmun curry as I wasn't quite in the mood for really spicy hot food. This was incredible! Not like a masmun I had anywhere else. The flavor was so deep and rich, yet it was not a heavy dish. It was a nice serving size (I was very hungry and this filled me up) and the price was very fair. Wish I was staying in town longer as I'd return to try some other dishes. I appreciated the food advice from the bartender --he clearly knew the menu well (as well as drinks as it was interesting to hear him describe various items to those who asked). This restaurant is like a pub - a bar with extra tables. Just the talking of everyone makes it loud, but it's worth it for the good food.

1  Thank Jeanette E
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Every bite was heaven in my mouth!! Unbelievably good. Worth the wait. We had spring rolls, satay, beef salad, pad Thai and Penang curry. Great atmosphere - very hip.

1  Thank Elizabeth B